Going Stage 2

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
J-Dan
Getting There!

Going Stage 2

Post by J-Dan »

Hi know this topic is always brought up but I don’t want to bring up a 1 year thread as most of the people will have gone.
So I am looking to stage 2 my car looking to buy a milltek turbo back with sports cat and a forge FMIC I already have a k&n 57i installed. Is there anything else I will need to get the most gains from the stage 2.
What map is the best to get? Revo APR or unitronic or maybe even go down to more bhp? I ideally want my car to have peak torque come in at about 3600Rpm. Which company will be able to give me this?
And does the stage2 map take bhp to 225Bhp? And is there a option to stage2+.
Thank you for your help
sam_vw
Bronze Member

Going Stage 2

Post by sam_vw »

Soooooo what's the question?
J-Dan
Getting There!

Re: Going Stage 2

Post by J-Dan »

What is the best map to get?
What bhp/torque can i expect to get and where about in the rev range will i expect to get them?
What other mods can i add to get the best gains?
rtuk
New

Going Stage 2

Post by rtuk »

Might want to add a TIP and 007 or 008 to that list too, as for mapping sounds like you may want a custom map too try looking up r-tech or custom code there are others aswell or you can just stick to the revo or Apr maps, expect around 220 atw bhp? Torque wise below 300 ftlb to keep rods safe
sam_vw
Bronze Member

Going Stage 2

Post by sam_vw »

J-Dan wrote:What is the best map to get?
What bhp/torque can i expect to get and where about in the rev range will i expect to get them?
What other mods can i add to get the best gains?
Sorry dude I could only see a certain amount of your post... Not the full one!

The above plus what you've mentioned. Also a 4bar FPR is required with some tuners, I know Revo ask for that to be done for stage 2. After that if you want to go more you could hybrid the turbo, bigger injectors 440cc would do, larger MAF, larger downpipe and probably an uprated fuel pump too. Depending on spec of turbo I'd say 280bhp would be easily got with those mods.
J-Dan
Getting There!

Post by J-Dan »

sorry i thought i didnt make it obvious to what what i wanted.
Really want to keep the standerd turbo as i dont really want my peak torque to come in high up rev range.
With the stage two map when are peoples peak torque coming in at?
Right now stage one mines is 220ft/lbs at 3600
rtuk
New

Going Stage 2

Post by rtuk »

282ftlb @ 3711rpm
J-Dan
Getting There!

Post by J-Dan »

rtuk what mods and what map have you gone for? as that sounds about right for what i am wanting.
Your help would be great
rtuk
New

Going Stage 2

Post by rtuk »

J-Dan wrote:rtuk what mods and what map have you gone for? as that sounds about right for what i am wanting.
Your help would be great
Non res Milltek turbo back with sports cat, forge TIP, forge 008, k&n filter, forge front mount intercooler with a custom stage 2 map from R-Tech