StewyL's 6n2 GTI Now With Air

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
slarner
Bronze Member

Re: StewyL's 6n2 GTI

Post by slarner »

6n2stan wrote:Did I see your GTI at early edition in the overspill carpark? I think it was still on black BBS's at the time?
Yeah it was there. Next to a red lupo no doubt.
slarner
Bronze Member

Post by slarner »

Well it Passed the MOT with 1 advisory for the ball joint rubber perished which i have now changed.

I have infact changed the whole hub. It kept warping discs it turns out it was because the wheel bearing was not put in properly. I now need a new ABS sensor as the ABS light is now on!

Ive also got a nice hairline crack in the sump! So gotta keep an eye on that!
slarner
Bronze Member

Post by slarner »

Update!

This project may be about to get interesting! Ive brought an air ride kit. It was decently priced and has all the electronic valves im picking it up on saturday.

BUT ive been thinking about the control side of things. What i really want is remote control from my iPhone. But the accuair kit to do that is £1500!! So having a technical background im going to write my own code and make it work with a raspberry pi GPIO output. It should be very intresting!
6n2stan
Silver Member
Drives: 6N2 GTI, Golf GTD + R32, T5.1 BiTDI DSG

Post by 6n2stan »

Keep it static!! I won't handle with Range Rover suspension lol :cry:
slarner
Bronze Member

StewyL's 6n2 GTI

Post by slarner »

6n2stan wrote:Keep it static!! I won't handle with Range Rover suspension lol :cry:
Nah no more static I've already cracked my sump! That's 300 quid to change! And where I work has a dirty camber road and subframe touches down everyday I can't deal with it any longer!
slarner
Bronze Member

Post by slarner »

Well i thought this needs updating as edition is coming up. A few changes have happened. I brought air ride a few weeks ago.

Me and me mate went about fitting it at the weekend. It was a very easy job to be honest. Im not overly impressed with the Rayvern front struts they knock really bad.

This is how it started

It took a few mins to figure out the wiring and the way the air lines connect into the solenoids once this was done we were set to go!

I was going to run the boot build that come with the kit. But this would then mean i would loose my sub and amps for the stereo.... So for the moment i have modded the setup and put most of the gear in the spare wheel well..

This was before i tidied all the cables and pipes up...

We then set about running all the air lines. I decided in the end to run them through the inside of the car. So out came the interior.

One Line ran :)

We then got on and fitted the struts. It all went on the car very easy to be honest.

Well then the moment of truth come how was the front going to sit aired out! well not to bad actually here is the result.

And then we did the back here is the results here! (Bare in mind back struts have been shortend) and the wheels look cack

And the UP just for a laugh!!

Then came sorting out all the wiring and pipes inside the car. The compressor is mounted in the wheel well atm im a bit worried how hot it gets though..

Ive also learn running plastic pipe out the compressor is also a bad idea!! and this is the mess of wires ive been dealing with!!

Anyway thats how we left it got all the insides back in and took some pics

here is the results im quite pleased so far!

slarner
Bronze Member

Re: StewyL's 6n2 GTI Now With Air

Post by slarner »

Well after putting up with air leaks which i fixed i thought it was about time i got the tracking done and put my wheels back on!

Took it up the tyre place to get the tracking done the guy said it was so bad he had to adjust it before it registered on the tracking machine!! :(

It now drives like a dream! cant believe the difference! anyway got it home and thought its about time the wheels go on and i test the fitment with the air ride.

here was the result all that i have done so far is rolled the front arches..

Here is the clearance underneeth :)

And the last couple were taken parked up at my work

Im Pleased so far. I need to get the chassis notched as the front is sitting on the drive shaft atm which is why in the last picture it has got reverse rake!

Im also working on my own remote control for the system using the RaspberryPi and my iPhone :)

What do you think?
jiko11
New

Post by jiko11 »

Serious. Sick. Sad day for your coilovers lol
6n2stan
Silver Member
Drives: 6N2 GTI, Golf GTD + R32, T5.1 BiTDI DSG

Post by 6n2stan »

I know I said keep it static but........wow! :D

That's the lowest GTI I've seen, it looks mint mate.

Did you see that dark blue 6n2 at early edition with the Japanese rear light clusters? It wasn't a GTI, it was on air but no where near as low as yours.

Your tracking sheet says 9n polo btw?
slarner
Bronze Member

Post by slarner »

6n2stan wrote:I know I said keep it static but........wow! :D

That's the lowest GTI I've seen, it looks mint mate.

Did you see that dark blue 6n2 at early edition with the Japanese rear light clusters? It wasn't a GTI, it was on air but no where near as low as yours.

Your tracking sheet says 9n polo btw?

Cheers mate.

Nah i didn't see that! Do bare in mind the front will drop lower its sitting on the drive shaft atm. Once its notched i suspect the front will sit on the floor.

Yeah i know but its spot on now so who cares!!
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Looking awesome as usual!

Was nice meeting you and a few others from on here at Edition. Awesome weekend haha.

Nice to put faces to people you speak to all of the time online!
delikanli_z
New

Post by delikanli_z »

Hi,im from Germany :) you got very nice Polo :D i have question about mk6 airbag,i want install it in my polo too,have you got photos which pin goes to airbag from mk6 :) did you put thies 2 yellow cable with the polo cable together?what do you do with the other cable?Can you help me :cry: