Car shaking at idle

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
PoloWhite6r
New

Car shaking at idle

Post by PoloWhite6r »

I have a 2011 1.2 Moda, and recently its started shaking and shuddering at low revs and idle.
The revs drops from about 800 to 700 and it shakes, even in first gear at low revs then i have to drop the clutch because it feels like its going to stall. Apart from looking daft its also really annoying. Ive been told a couple of things, one being the spark plugs? If anyone can shed any more light on it that would be great. Ive done just over 50k, last service was May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Connorlee2013
New

Car shaking at idle

Post by Connorlee2013 »

You think that's bad, mines a 63 plate and mine does this! Any help would be good

PoloWhite6r
New

Car shaking at idle

Post by PoloWhite6r »

Connorlee2013 wrote:You think that's bad, mines a 63 plate and mine does this! Any help would be good

Yours a 1.2 60?

RJ22
New

Re: Car shaking at idle

Post by RJ22 »

my 13 plate match also does this wile idling :?
Roundsquare
New

Post by Roundsquare »

My daughters 12 plate does this also.
I put some Forte fuel additive in it and it does seemed to have helped it. Although its only done about 10 miles since I added it so a bit early to say if its cured it.
PoloWhite6r
New

Car shaking at idle

Post by PoloWhite6r »

Roundsquare wrote:My daughters 12 plate does this also.
I put some Forte fuel additive in it and it does seemed to have helped it. Although its only done about 10 miles since I added it so a bit early to say if its cured it.
Was it redex? If it was i tried that when it first started in about november, i thought it helped at first so left it at idle for 5 minutes or so and then it started again.

Golemsmate
New

Post by Golemsmate »

My Polo (1.4 12 plate) has only done this when I have come back to it after doing a very short journey (e.g. Moving it off the drive/back on again or moving spaces). It then didn't want to start and shook for a few seconds while idling.

Never done it after the car has warmed up though... If it is a 2011 (and if your garage is nice), you might get it sorted at the dealer as I assume it is just outside the warranty.
Roundsquare
New

Re: Re: Car shaking at idle

Post by Roundsquare »

PoloWhite6r wrote: Was it redex? If it was i tried that when it first started in about november, i thought it helped at first so left it at idle for 5 minutes or so and then it started again.

It was Forte like I said above. Much better than redex.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk