tyre pressure blue gt 2015

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Re: tyre pressure blue gt 2015

Post by lancslad1985 »

I can confirm what Cenkay is saying, my sticker states 44psi front and 41 psi rear for standard. There's also a comfort setting but I'm not bothered about that.
Bigtam
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2016

Post by Bigtam »

lancslad1985 wrote:I can confirm what Cenkay is saying, my sticker states 44psi front and 41 psi rear for standard. There's also a comfort setting but I'm not bothered about that.
Can you post up a photo of your sticker please just to see what the difference between mines and yours.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

I'd love to BigTam, but unfortunately my car is back in the garage yet again for the same problem (faulty cruise control) so I haven't got it at the moment. I may not be getting it back either as after three attempts of them fixing it and failing I've had enough and they're offering me a free upgrade to a golf match. I know that the 44 and 41 are correct for my 2015 bluegt though as I was surprised at how high they were. My car was on Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres too if that makes any difference.
Tooks
Bronze Member
Drives: 2011 Polo GTI

Post by Tooks »

We're talking about Polo's here folks, not an F1 car...

On my GTiI with the 215/40/17 tyres, I run 38 front and 34 rear.

Try those as a start point, if you feel they're too soft, put a bit more air in. Or, start with the 44/41 on the stickers of some Polo's, and if it's too hard, lower the pressures a bit.

The roads around here are shockingly broken up, and it's usually just me in he car, so I go for the softer of the two to help with ride quality and grip.

I imagine the blue gt pressures are so high to aid the official fuel economy figures, but they seem very high to me for everyday use.
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

Tooks wrote:We're talking about Polo's here folks, not an F1 car...

Try those as a start point, if you feel they're too soft, put a bit more air in. Or, start with the 44/41 on the stickers of some Polo's, and if it's too hard, lower the pressures a bit.

The roads around here are shockingly broken up, and it's usually just me in he car, so I go for the softer of the two to help with ride quality and grip.

I imagine the blue gt pressures are so high to aid the official fuel economy figures, but they seem very high to me for everyday use.
My Polo states 39F, 35R for the Bridgestone Potenza S001's unladen, which is what I have in mine.
Bigtam
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2016

Post by Bigtam »

Tooks wrote:We're talking about Polo's here folks, not an F1 car...

I think we all know our cars are not F1 that's why we are on a Polo forum :wink: But I am wondering why VW seem to be giving us such a variation in tire pressures for the same car mines is 38 front /41rear when fully loaded, tire pressures are there for a reason and its not to do how the car feels to each individual and that's why I am so interested to see everyone's tire pressure sticker.
Tooks
Bronze Member
Drives: 2011 Polo GTI

Post by Tooks »

The tyre pressures are listed for a reason, yes, but unfortunately those reasons appear to be solely in the domain of VW.

We're all just guessing as to why, although I think higher tyre pressures give lower rolling resistance which aids fuel economy which is why I think the BGT's are so high. It allows VW to claim higher official economy figures.

What will happen when people change tyres? Some tyres are built for economy, and some for grip or ride comfort, so although the stickers are interesting in their differences, it's really down to each driver to find what works for them.