Servicing and Filters

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Servicing and Filters

Post by Willni »

Just had the polo through it's last free service there, and just out of curiosity today I checked the Cabin air filter (under the glove box) it was pretty dirty, on my service book it only ever has the oil ticked no filters.

So it got me thinking maybe they haven't been changing the filters at all, should I check other filters? or am I just over reacting a bit? because 3 years is a bit long not to be changing filters
daydotz
Silver Member

Re: Servicing and Filters

Post by daydotz »

They a few £ from eurcarparts change it yourself the service pack will only cover bare minimum although I'm surprised it didn't get one change it should have been changed every 2 years
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

daydotz wrote:They a few £ from eurcarparts change it yourself the service pack will only cover bare minimum although I'm surprised it didn't get one change it should have been changed every 2 years
I'm not actually worried about the cabin filter, mines not actually that dirty (keep the car extremely clean all the time :lol: ) it's the other filters in the engine I'm worried about since they're more effort to check
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I think that you should rest assured that VW main dealers will replace the oil filter along with the oil each time, as said pollen filter every second year, though they might miss that if its a prepaid package. As said pollen filters, impregnated with carbon are dirt cheap in ECP. The air filter will not be due to be replaced yet nor will the fuel filter.

By the way, it does not matter how clean you keep your car, the pollen filter will get dirty if you park it out in the open in dirty dusty conditions and/or drive lots of miles in these conditions!
daydotz
Silver Member

Servicing and Filters

Post by daydotz »

I change mine every year it's amazing how dirty they get
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I probably take them out in the summer and whack them a few times and vacuum them - and refit them for another year. A bit like what I do with the engine air filter!