GTI Clubsport ?.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
haflidij
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4 2013 6R

GTI Clubsport ?.

Post by haflidij »

Can anyone here comfirm how many Golf GTI Clubsports were made ?. And are they still making them ?.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: GTI Clubsport ?.

Post by SRGTD »

Not sure how many Clubsports were built; early reports suggested that no more than 1,000 Clubsports would be produced, but I've not seen anything giving the final numbers built. The 2 seater, track-focused Clubsport S model was a limited production run of 400 vehicles.

Production of both Clubsport amd Clubsport S models - both based on the pre-facelift version of the mk7 Golf - have now stopped. Production of the Golf has now moved to the facelift version - known unofficially as the mk7.5
haflidij
Silver Member

Post by haflidij »

SRGTD wrote:Not sure how many Clubsports were built; early reports suggested that no more than 1,000 Clubsports would be produced, but I've not seen anything giving the final numbers built. The 2 seater, track-focused Clubsport S model was a limited production run of 400 vehicles.

Production of both Clubsport amd Clubsport S models - both based on the pre-facelift version of the mk7 Golf - have now stopped. Production of the Golf has now moved to the facelift version - known unofficially as the mk7.5
Yeah thats also what i thought. I knew that the S model only had 400 built but ive been searching online for info but havent found any other than that 1000 models. There is one for sale here in Iceland that is produced 2016 and i was just wondering if i would order a new one if it would be a 2017 model. By that i mean produced in 2017. Its a damn good looking car , specially in that dark grey tone.
JoeMarano
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti 6C

Post by JoeMarano »

I want a go in either model so badly!

Or a Polo Clubsport!
haflidij
Silver Member

Post by haflidij »

JoeMarano wrote:I want a go in either model so badly!

Or a Polo Clubsport!
haha yeah polo clubsport would be crazy. I own the 2013 1.4 petrol polo and ive been enjoying it alot for the last 3 years. Now i am planning on buying a new car and i might be going for a clubsport. I was originally planning on going for a polo gti but i might be going for a golf clubsport this time.
haflidij
Silver Member

Post by haflidij »

Hey there everyone again. Im wondering about the clubsport and its power , i know it has 290 hp at most. But my question is , is it possible to disable the function that you only have the 290hp for 10 seconds and have all the power all the time ?.
JoeMarano
Bronze Member

Post by JoeMarano »

You would never notice the difference anyway according to all the magazines and yes you could just get a map.
haflidij
Silver Member

Post by haflidij »

JoeMarano wrote:You would never notice the difference anyway according to all the magazines and yes you could just get a map.
Oh ok is that so. I am considering buying one of those maybe in may or june.
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

I've heard it's 1500 clubsports and 400 clubsport S (150 for the UK). Luckily if you don't get either the new facelift is just out and has updated bumpers to look like the clubsport on the gti and gtd models, and the R has more aggressive styling too.
JoeMarano
Bronze Member

Post by JoeMarano »

Yeah annoyingly they have made the Golf faster than the Polo lol

230bhp for base Golf and 245 for PP