Ebay -Shill bidding (warning Tahrey type post)

Non-VW related chat - Moderated

Was I?

Quite right taking the action I did
75%
A tad harsh
5%
Seems OK
5%
Slightly unfair
10%
Very unfair - innocent mistake
5%

Total votes: 20

metz

Post by metz »

lol...don't make me take a picture of it ;-)
KarlM
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by KarlM »

bstardchild wrote: As a second aside ebay have got back to me - not enough evidence to take any action :roll:
Means:

"We can't be arsed. Its only 99p. We make triple that in a second. Go tell someone that cares."

Asreholes
Tahrey1043
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

yeah mate mine too!

actually its a second spare tyre i keep hidden up my jumper in case oil gets spilt on the primary one AGAIN and i have a blowout (13 inches across roughly equals 40 inches around, right?*

(you're free to "evaluate" my chip if you like, but im sure andy would much prefer you bought one hehehe)

*not that im that large any more, was during year 10 at school, dropped thruout y11/6th form/uni to a healthier 34-36 and can still JUST fit those smaller troos. just. simon cowell style.**

** doh, it's the RIM thats 13 inches diameter, not the tyre - more like 22! Fat Bstard territory!
Tahrey1043
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

"TIC"?
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

Tahrey1043 wrote:"TIC"?
"Tahreys shortest ever post"

Tongue In Cheek
metz

Post by metz »

does andy = alan ? :-D

I want to buy one but i don't want to pay £26 and find out it does nothing apart from make me fill up with petrol more.
Tahrey1043

Post by Tahrey1043 »

CRAP! thats the third time ive made that cockup! (any wonder he ignores me now?) Was trying so hard this time... musn't say alan, must say andy.... WRONG

i can say in my defence that i am distressingly name-blind in every part of life --- i actually forgot the name of one of the guys ive been working with on a daily basis for the last few weeks today for a good few minutes. whilst having to hunt him out and then get his attention to ask something. tricky.

@BC -- gotcha, ok ;)

metz -- if nothing else, i appear to have gained about 4-5mpg. might just be the ECU reset, but i'll have to see how it pans out long term (which a reset should hopefully be absorbed into, unless its a regular thing they need doing?)
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

Update

Sellers account now suspended - both ID's by ebay!!!
metz

Post by metz »

You evil evil man! lol
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

Hehehe

Good work, bstardchild... I'm an eBay sniper too, but I absolutely HATE shill bids. It's commonplace on eBay though - and I though you needed a credit card to sign up?

Anyway one of my eBay dreams is to report someone like that guy you busted. The other is to find the perfect CD player for my car being sold for a penny because the seller made a type in the title and I was the only person who could find the item! (highly unlikely though)

As for the seller's (late) apology, that's got to be one of the most pathetic pieces of writing I've ever seen - it's right up there with Ukranian and Estonian eBay scam e-mails.
pettsy

Post by pettsy »

Babe RuthLess wrote:Hehehe

The other is to find the perfect CD player for my car being sold for a penny because the seller made a type in the title and I was the only person who could find the item! (highly unlikely though)
i know someone who did that with some ABT alloy wheels. The seller had only put abt in the listing bit, hence very few people had even seen it! My mate then won a set of mint abt alloys for about £40!