How many miles have you had to a full tank

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
silverpolo
Getting There!

How many miles have you had to a full tank

Post by silverpolo »

iv had 560 miles about £31 of fuel 1.4tdi

better then when i first got my car dont think i could touch 500 miles 2 a tank.
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

That's excellent! I didn't think you could get that many miles. Wish I got a deisel now!! :?

I got 380 miles out of £28 Optimax in my FSi 1.4. This was just after the refuel light came on so there was probably another 25 miles in the tank.

But it's difficult driving like an old man for a full tank and the best I've got since then is 350. Hopefully it will go up some more! :P

I think there is another thread on here somewhere about this.

A good question would be how much can you put in your tank?? They are meant to be 45 litres but I've only been able to put in about 37 litres at most, and this is when the tank is almost empty. I've tried letting the air out of the tank but it doesnt allow much more to go in.

In my old mk5 1.0 I could put 46 litres in when it was almost empty (same size tank) But then you don't really want 46+ litres of petrol in a 1.0 (very slow)

Also optimax around here is 0.78p per litre. It was more like .89 in Ipswich!

James.
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

i know what a price hike i pay about 68p a litre here but we can only get 98
ciden
Bronze Member

Post by ciden »

I get around 380miles on a tank that costs me R180.00 (£14.40 roughly).
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

£14.40 for a tank of fuel! :shock:

Babe.... How much is a tank of fuel in Brazil?

I don't know whether to move to South America or South Africa!!

(I could drive to South Africa though... Damn, that would be some road trip - possibly a very dangerous one... Extreme Road Trip! Woohooo!)

Can you tell I'm a little drunk? :oops:
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

Well, a litre of Shell V-Power (the logo's the same as Optimax but it's got 25% alcohol as required by Brazilian law) costs R$1.97, or 41p by today's exchange rate.

'Regular' petrol costs 39p, and alcohol fuel is 28p (around 30% of the fleet still runs on alcohol, though sales of alcohol-powered cars are now less than 5% of themarket. Now GM and VW are launching dual-fuel or flex-fuel cars which can run in either petrol or alcohol or a mixture of the two in any proportion).

The sale of Diesel-powered passenger cars is forbidden by brazilian law. So only lorries, van, buses and SUVs can run on Diesel. :cry:
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

BTW, we have the most expensive fuels in South America, as Brazil only produces 85% of its oil needs. So we have to import the rest from Venezuela and Nigeria (not from the middle east, thankfully!).

We should become self-sufficient in oil by 2010 though. :D

@Josh

Don't worry... I'm now leaving home to go get drunk too! I'm taking a taxi BTW 8)

Cheers,
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

Yesterday I got 430 miles out of a full tank! with about 10 in reserve.

Keeping to speed limits :D and had and extra weight in the back of the car. I'll be doing the same 650 mile round trip tomorrow without the weight so I'll see if I can get more.

My car is really starting to run in now at 5000 miles, the engine sounds smoother and acceleration (especially around 50-70) has improved.

James.

Edit: I did the same trip again but this time only got 400 (with 25 in reserve) Didn't have the extra weight but there was a lot of stop/start traffice on the m5/m1/a66/a42/m42/m40/m50/m4... not really a good day for driving. :o
mk4polo
Getting There!

Post by mk4polo »

:shock: :shock:
how many miles!!!!
i put in about £26 in my 16vavler and get about 220miles :lol: :lol:
oh the fun of a high revving valver!
i spend around/over £200 a month on petrol, so roll on the TDI :D
leonsmith
Bronze Member

1st tank gone...

Post by leonsmith »

Well, I've just used up my very 1st tank in the new TDi. 415 miles covered and cost just £29.50 to fill (@74.9) - MFA says 48 to the gallon :D Not bad for it's first time out I reckon - things can only get better! My old Polo GTi would have only done 320 miles and would have cost around £32 to fill.
silverpolo
Getting There!

Post by silverpolo »

had 580 miles from mine this week most iv ever had cars done 28k ...... :D
leonsmith
Bronze Member

Post by leonsmith »

silverpolo wrote:had 580 miles from mine this week most iv ever had cars done 28k ...... :D
:shock: That's a great figure! You must have been tickling that throttle! :wink:

My total miles are creeping up, last tank managed 434 and computer was still showing 10 to go and I know I've got at least 5 more after that says zero! The air conditioner is cutting into mine in this humid weather and i've yet to use the car on a long trip where I can just turn the cruise on at 60 and watch the mpg go through the roof! :D My car has only done 2.5k miles so it's still got plenty of breaking in to do I think.
silverpolo
Getting There!

Post by silverpolo »

yeah very light foot :wink: roll on 600 miles per tank !!!

used supermarket fuel once from Asda not very good at all was hard work to get 500 miles (stick to esso fuel now )
Ratty
Getting There!

Post by Ratty »

Oh, this is depressing.

Best I've had is 290 miles...and that was with her running on fumes! Mind you, only done about 2200 in total I 'spose.

And it takes about £37 of SUL to brim the b1tch.

Apparently, the 65bhp version gives slightly better fuel economy. Looking at my figures, I can't imagine that being too difficult to achieve! :roll:
silverpolo
Getting There!

Post by silverpolo »

U wanna get your self a diesel ratty :D