south east g40's??

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
joeg40
New

south east g40's??

Post by joeg40 »

hey there all
was wondering if there was anyone in he south east who owns a g40 or something??
aparker
New

Post by aparker »

I own a something, I've got a Mk3 1043 Fox.

I know someone who's got a G40 in Kent, his names Doug, u can find him on here as doug&dan.
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Again, I fall under the 'other' catagory with a 1043 mk2 C. As far as I know, Doug is the only G40 owner on uk-polos in the south east, although I've seen a couple around here..
gtjoe
New

Post by gtjoe »

yeh i'm under the "other" catergory too, i got black L red Gt coupe.
joeg40
New

Post by joeg40 »

so where are al you guys situated, are there any meets happening in the south east area?? i have quite a few vdub mates who would be up for a meet
aparker
New

Post by aparker »

so where are al you guys situated
I'm from Broadstairs but spend the winter months at Uni in Coventry.

The only meet/show that I know is planed is at Paddock Wood Hop Farm in the summer. Doug is orgainising a UK-Polo stand there, but I don't know anything more than that at the moment
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

The middle of nowhere, personally.. if you know Saffron Walden, I'm about 15 minutes from there, if not I'm a bit north of Stansted airport. Essex, anyway.

You've just missed the last south east meet by a couple of weeks, it was somewhere around Dartford. I think there's a summer meet planned for the same sort of area, other than that I don't know of anything going on around here. Feel free to arrange another meet if you want to - all you need to do is give us a date, a location and a bit of time to actually arrange it :) If you do arrange something I'd suggest you find a sunday to do it, it seems to be the day that most people are free.
gtjoe
New

Post by gtjoe »

i'm from southend, big up the southend massive.
joeg40
New

Post by joeg40 »

well i would deffinately be up for a meet, maybe late spring time?? i have a few vdub mates who would love that!!! dartford area sounds the best for everyone!! maybe a meet just before gti international then we could all meet to cruise up there!!! :D
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

i'm a local to kent! i live in Ramsgate!

i've just bought a g40 but she is off the road for a little bit! little bit of TLC.

i'm hoping she'll be back on the road in a month or so.

here is a picture that i took at the weekend (camera phone). my computer is up the creek at the moment so using the college computer at the moment!

comments??

i will be arranging a stand for the vw expo as uk-polos have been invited but due to my computer being broken, i can't really do anything yet! i'll keep ya posted though! i do remember last year there were no g40's at the expo so a couple on our stand would be good!
joeg40
New

Post by joeg40 »

yeah ill deff be up for that show as long as you dont mind a standard g being there!!!! your car looks in mint condition mate, i want to put a pic of my car up but not sure how too. i can e mail them to ya!!! where is this vdub show gonna be and when!!! so will you be going up in your g to gti inter's.??
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

trust me when i say thats the shiney side!

at the moment, i've only had time to spolish one side of the car, but its really come up a treat! can't wait to get the rest polished and out from the drive! still got some engine work to do!!

my g is pritty much standard as well and won't have anything done to it apart from indicators and a bit of identity hiding! :twisted:

the show is sometime in june but i'll get some more details asap!

if you go to photodump.com you can sign up (its free) and upload your pictures through there, then, when the pictures are loaded, it should give u a link which u copy for hosting images.

hope that helps! looking forward to seeing the pictures of urs!

regards
Doug
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

joeg40 wrote:yeah ill deff be up for that show as long as you dont mind a standard g being there!!!! your car looks in mint condition mate, i want to put a pic of my car up but not sure how too. i can e mail them to ya!!! where is this vdub show gonna be and when!!! so will you be going up in your g to gti inter's.??
Given that most people here are driving 1.05's and 1.3's, a G of any description is going to be welcome :D Standard's the best way for a car like a G40 anyway ;)
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

wolf in sheeps clothing is the best way to descrbe a g40 if u ask me!

i've got a standard polo badge on the rear of my g, but for shows i'll be putting the front badge on!! :lol:
joeg40
New

Post by joeg40 »

yeah i was going to take my badges off but i just couldnt, i loved other polo and vdub owners just staring at it as they take into account how rare they are, and how fast, does stage 4 make that much difference than a standard re-build, also i want to get it pullyed but is there anything major i have to change??
:?