Tips for test...what did you fail on? lol

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
Chally_Rai
Sponsor

Tips for test...what did you fail on? lol

Post by Chally_Rai »

Hey ya, Ive got my test in a month...just wondering if any of you lot suprisingly failed on anything odd...I really want to pass first time, infact, i NEED to pass first time 8)

I have a friend who indicated unnessessarily (spelt wrong) and got a major for it (although my instructor says he must have 'misled other drivers dangerously')

Are there any other wierd and wonderful things i should avoid doing inorder to pass?

And finally did any of you flunk on anything extremely funny?

:lol:
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

Parallel parking - Idyat examiner said 2 car gap and stop... so I parallel parked...1 car gap...hmm he said 2 so moved back a little more and later on he tells me I reversed too far back.... I argued the case with him as he said leave 2 car gap and I questioned at the time to make sure I understood him right.... but he's word is final so what can you do....
Anyways.... after that on the way back I drove half the car through a red light :shock: :lol:
I'm pretty sure his poop marks are still on the seats after all these years... He-He-He
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

First time passer here, but all I can say it concentrate. TRY not to be nervous although I suspect everyone is.

And make sure you check the mirrors everytime you do something.
Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

I passed second time. On my first test, I failed on Observation and the Reversing around corner.

Try to exaggerate your observations on your test, it did wonders on my second time. Practise your manoeuvres, like the 3-point turn, Parallel parking, emergency stop etc. Also, memorising the Highway code will help.

Richard Hammond says you should avoid wearing the following on your driving test:
  • *A Pole Dancer outfit, unless your examiner is Benny Hill (kinda impossible, since he's dead)
    *Formula 1 Driver's Overalls
    *A Wedding Dress
    *A Milkman's Uniform
All taken from the book "Richard Hammond's Car Confidential" which I got for Christmas :D
polo power
Gold Member

Post by polo power »

first time passer here too 8)
omicron
Gold Member

Post by omicron »

Reversing round a corner.

I stopped to manoveur, checked around me and could see a car in the long far distance (long, straight, 30 mph road), backed around the corner and must have reversed a good 75 yards up the road before she said "stop" and the car finally went past the end of the road.

Pisstaker :roll:

Nearly failed my advanced for making insufficent progress on a dual carriageway, which he cancelled off when I explained it's a 20 year old 1043cc Polo, it's as fast as it goes. :)
Chally_Rai
Sponsor

Post by Chally_Rai »

mysteryboy wrote:on the way back I drove half the car through a red light :shock: :lol:
I'm pretty sure his poop marks are still on the seats after all these years... He-He-He
Nice! *mental note, dont make the test man poop* Right, got it!

hehe
Chally_Rai
Sponsor

Post by Chally_Rai »

Ollie_R wrote:
Richard Hammond says you should avoid wearing the following on your driving test:
  • *A Pole Dancer outfit, unless your examiner is Benny Hill (kinda impossible, since he's dead)
    *Formula 1 Driver's Overalls
    *A Wedding Dress
    *A Milkman's Uniform
Well that, quite frankly, has ruined my plans entirely! :D
Chally_Rai
Sponsor

Post by Chally_Rai »

Get you and your passing first time-ness!

ok, so so far
  • no reversing too far down the road on manouvers
    read the high way code...pfffftttt hehe no, good point, i have read it for my theory...
    no wearing less than everday outfits
    no going through red lights causing your test man to soil himself...
    lots of observations
    no nervousness
    if theres something moving nearby, dont manouver even if its miles away...is that right?
:D
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

Roundabouts!!

Dual carriage way, come up to a 3 lane roundabout, driving instructor asks you to go straight over (there is an option of going left, straight over or right). What lane out of the 3 do you take??

Correct Answer: You can use the left lane or the middle.

Wrong Answer: Go in the middle of the left lane and the center lane as you figure it's early and it doesn't matter as there are no other cars about.

I passed second time btw. :wink:
omicron
Gold Member

Post by omicron »

Chally_Rai wrote:Get you and your passing first time-ness!

ok, so so far
  • no reversing too far down the road on manouvers
    if theres something moving nearby, dont manouver even if its miles away...is that right?
:D
It was her told me to reverse that far, which I did impeccibly, she just wanted me to still be maniveuring when the car, eventually, got there.
1litreheater
Silver Member

Post by 1litreheater »

Just drive like you would normally drive on a lesson !

I got 2 majors and 3 minors first time, i was really nervous and wasnt concentrating on my driving (plus it was at 8 in the morning and i never got up that early when i was 17).

Second time arrived in my footy shirt tracky bottoms and comfy trainers drove relaxed etc and passed. Only got 1 minor aswell 8) and that was because i could have been a little nearer the kerb after a manouver :x picky sods int they !

Oh and hope you get a women, sweet talk her, compliment her clothes and excite her with your driving ! :lol:
Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

I just remembered that I had three majors on my first test. The third one was for straddling in between two lanes. Try to avoid doing that, too :)
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

1litreheater wrote:Oh and hope you get a women, sweet talk her, compliment her clothes and excite her with your driving ! :lol:
Chally_Rai is a female so I don't think that'll work mate.
vdubit
Gold Member

Post by vdubit »

If thats the case its easy, low cut top and a shortish skirt. Not too tarty though.

There's a real nasty b*stard examiner at exeter as well so pray you dont get him, name of john but cant remember his surname. Gave me 3 majors and 16 minors on my first test!

Past 2nd test with 3 minors and 3rd test with 2 minors, on speeding and tailgating!

Oh, and Good luck!