lowering time gonna oder kit this weekend

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
vdub10
Bronze Member

lowering time gonna oder kit this weekend

Post by vdub10 »

Right i have been putting this of for a while main reason is wasnt sure if it fail mot on lowering and i also have to somehow have tracking done.

anyway im running g60 steels 15inch and am wanting to lower it 40mm will it run anwere?? on inside of rear arches ?? any issues i might have??
also will i have to changed shocks??

tom
1997 polo 6n
any advice be greatfull
these are some im intrested in what ya think yeah or no??
http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufact ... echSprings
or http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_ ... Suspension

dont want coilovers just wanna lower car cheap enuf and tidy it up tbh
l0rne
Bronze Member

Re: lowering time gonna oder kit this weekend

Post by l0rne »

im running on 15" BK's and im not sure what mines dropped at. Ive had 2 coils taken out of each spring, ive been told its between 60-80mm

are you getting adjustable susp?
racerjonzo
Silver Member

Post by racerjonzo »

you wont get anyrubbing, unless your tyres are ridiculous...
ppl drop these polos down 100mm and only have minor issues sometimes, so yours should be a doodle, and no MOT fails either so dont worry

funny enough i have a set of 40mm springs for sale, not looking for much just what i paid, plus postage bud
so say £40 plus i can get a price for postage for you?
think the springs Pi make if thats any use
vdub10
Bronze Member

Post by vdub10 »

well no was wanting it to look low bum at least so i can get over speed bumps and put up with pot holes. live in country side so. was thinking maby a 40mm drop but not sure what that look like. dont wanna spend alot of money on say coilovers just want springs. i am right in thinking 40mm drop i wont have to change shocks??

them springs have they ever been used ??

tom
racerjonzo
Silver Member

Post by racerjonzo »

springs have never been used, as i bought them brand new off a girl who crashed her polo before even fitting, and hence my project with the polo has ceased as too many problems with it...
so yea brand new.. also have few other bits if you need them, from a 6n 16v 5 door polo, still got rear bumper aswell, if you want a few things posted etc

and yea you could technicly use origianl shocks etc on any lowering springs, just youd have a pure jelly ride so ppl reccommmend around 60mm drop max before really you should change the shocks etc

if youv got spring compressors then you can even fit them urself, like i mentioned in another recent post on here

good luck and let me know cheers
vdub10
Bronze Member

Post by vdub10 »

right well good to no all that will have a think about springs. got my eye on sum at the moment thats all. will pm let you no asap

cheers agin

tom
SWDUBBER
Bronze Member

Post by SWDUBBER »

Im on 40mm lowering springs with 15s and 195/45 tyres and ive flown over speedhumps and never scrubbed once. you definately notice the difference but sometimes i think hmmm i want it lower it would look so much better!
Tom i got a post on the 1st page with a few pics so you can see what your might look like with a 40mm drop
Gerald