First Car Project

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
AAimson
New

First Car Project

Post by AAimson »

Hi all. I'm pretty new to this forum. I'm called Alex and I've just recently purchased my first car! 6 Months after passing my driving test. The car I've bought is a Polo 1.9 TDi and I love it! I've been driving my mums Corsa D 1.2i for 6 month and the Polo is so much better! I purchased it from Evans Halshaws for £3400. It's an 02 Plate, 65K on the Clock, Sports Trim, VERY good condition, I may have paid over odds for it but at least I know it will be fine, at-least for abit lol.

Anyways here's the picture of the car..

Whats everyone think? :)

I don't currently have any plans for it, not sure what to do for it. Can anyone of you give me some suggestions! I don't want it to be too chavy, just quite suttle.. :) I'm after a chubby box and a decent exhaust, in the future i will want some Montreals! :P where can i get a chubby box from?

Any questions and information/tips would be helpful :)

Thanks Alex. :)
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Re: First Car Project

Post by Dub_Dan »

whats the stalk under the indicator one? never seen that before?

AND WELCOME :D
AAimson
New

Post by AAimson »

Hi Dan, erm it's for the CD Player because it's button-less, it has a remote for it and that. It's pretty cool, so its easier to change song and volume etc :)
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

ahhh cool mate!
AAimson
New

Post by AAimson »

what's your thoughts :)
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

looks a clean car mate iv got a pd100 myself got any plans for it?
Ben90
Silver Member
Drives: Olympian Blue Polo TDi Sport

Post by Ben90 »

Fairly good price for a tidy sport model! TDi's have a ton of potential too, I like it.

Subtle OEM mods include the cubby box as mentioned, a sunglasses holder to replace the driver's side grab handle in the roof (wouldn't be without it) which can be picked up from the stealership for £25, possibly a chrome front grille, similar to what's on the passat although it is hard to come by and looks its best on black cars in my opinion, but you might want a look. If you're fussy like me you can even go as far as to replace your rear wiper with an aero one from a mk5 golf, or remove it altogether as many members prefer.

and oo and colour code those bump strips, simple job that will improve the look tenfold :D
AAimson
New

Post by AAimson »

Chhers! Where can I get the chubby box from? and I want to do something with the grill!:) I really need an aero back blade look so much better, also my water doesn't come out of the back windscreen wiper? comon fault?? Any other cheap subtle mods?

Not too sure on the sunglasses holder.. never use them lol but useful to have in the summer. I'm just keep on visual mods, the engine is fine. :) for time being anyways!:D

Thanks
AAimson
New

Post by AAimson »

how would I go about colour coding the bump strips?
Ben90
Silver Member

Post by Ben90 »

Again, dealership but I was quoted £45 for one after VAT, probably better off keeping a hawk eye on the For sale section since they pop up from time to time, or the 'Bay! (just remember it's called a cubby box, not chubby - saved you some disturbing results from googling that i'm sure! :P )

Same again with the chrome grille, dealers quoted me £75, but here's a link to an overseas ebay one which is still an OEM part, just might take a week to get to you.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Polo-9N-Ch ... 2644wt_905

As for the rear wiper, this one will fit perfectly as I've bought one from the very same page recently! :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REAR-AERO-WIP ... 500wt_1156
Ben90
Silver Member

Post by Ben90 »

AAimson wrote:how would I go about colour coding the bump strips?
Get some quotes from your local bodyshop :)
AAimson
New

Post by AAimson »

Haha! yeah you probably did! thanks! erm yeah i definitely need one and them chrome grills look amazing! I want one but I wouldn't pay that price ATM. I'm skint. haha!:( I really want that rear wiper too! makes it look so much better. Don't know what else to do ATM, need to save money up mainly. I want some bright lights too they look cool!
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

when i had my strips done i was told it was cheaper to buy them from vw and then get them painted they are cheap as paid £45 for the whole lot front rear and sides being a pd100 look into a remap mate good mappers take them anywhere between 140-150 bhp mine made 148... the rear wiper is a common fault its just the connector pipe has come out there are 2 places where this could be the one i do know is in the boot you should be able to tell if there is water in there...
danny
AAimson
New

Post by AAimson »

I will be remapping it, but not yet. It may make it quick but I don't need it for that yet? where is the other pipe that it may have come undone? theres no water in the boot :/
Dub_Dan
Gold Member

Post by Dub_Dan »

i presume its at the front of the car not 100% though...