SELL UP!

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
SolidZeus
Bronze Member

SELL UP!

Post by SolidZeus »

Alright Ive been on this forums for a while but only recently made an account, anyway... I got a new 6n2 an just wondering what you guys would do to it :)

Taking ALL suggestions

I'm thinking to lower it, new splitter and maybe alloy referb painted black with red trim?

Update; I grabbed these alloys of a mate for £30, Yea £30 :D and also fitted new black stubby side mirror
Last edited by SolidZeus on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 6 times in total.
mattskate
Bronze Member

Re: My new 6n2!!! (Updated)

Post by mattskate »

nice wheels, id say jus get them refurbished and see how they look before deciding on if u want them sprayed black or not, good deal on them tho i want sum like that ;)
jus look around on here for suggestions thas wat i did. 1 little thing i got on mine that looks ALOT better than i expected is LED number plate lights. pretty cheap too :) http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/42mm-leds-fe ... -1487.html
also take the badges off which is quite easy to do it urself and maybe get a different grill?
be gud to see sum updates ;)
mattskate
Bronze Member

Post by mattskate »

oh and also new number plates!! haha makes it look alot nicer and they aint too expensive either, and colour coded door handles and side black bits watever they are called?
red6n2
Bling Bling Diamond Member

My new 6n2!!! (Updated)

Post by red6n2 »

There called bumb/rub strips. There's the usual mods

Cut down the door pins,
Clear badges (polo, 1.4)
Spray rear and front badge new colour,
Lowering can range from £200 -£1000
New interior light, I personally have the cool white 32mm festoon from ultraled's.
Licence plate lights again cool white 27mm festoons from ultraled's.
Metal plates from dubmeister.com
Sup
Amp
Upgrade speakers.
Led side lights,
Hid kit

All really easy things to do and not too costly and will really clean up the car :-)

There's a few but I'd defo refurb those wheels you can even try it yourself I think halfords do a self refers kit for £50
SolidZeus
Bronze Member

Post by SolidZeus »

Little update, Only got back recently from working away And im back on the Polo, He's what I've been upto;

Got new Coilovers, and Yea i curbed my Alloy so gotta drive about with this noob on;
SolidZeus
Bronze Member

Post by SolidZeus »

Anyone know about Quotes on Alloy referb too? Mine are absolutely F**ked! And i mean like they look over 10 years old!
SolidZeus
Bronze Member

Re: My NOT so New 6n2 (Few pics)

Post by SolidZeus »

Little update, haven't Really been about to mod the car due to heavy work load and arsehole clients wanting specific needs (No, I'm not a Rent boy :shock:)
But ever so slowly doing bit and bobs. so heres a few.

Some idiot hit me (Think it was a HGV) And left this DIRTY dent :'(

Yea the Rears some joke, I know, But in my defence it came like it and I've got a 6n2 GTI Tailgate on the way

Front.

MUST REFERB!

Stuff still needs doing;
Fog light Grille, (Already have Fog lights and bulbs ready!!!!!!)
GTI Honey comb mesh
GTI Interior (Maybe!)
Cup holders
Alloys referb ( A MUST!)
SolidZeus
Bronze Member

Post by SolidZeus »

Few more updates;

Picked the GTI tailgate up :D

''Polo'' ''GTI'' Removed.

Had to go De badged because i broke my Grille :/ It looks gay, But I wanted a GTI grille anyway, so I'll look about.

Okay, so here is the Alloy that it probably the worst;

So I went online, looked about, watched a few videos and started DYI referb :shock: :shock:

I followed a guide where some guy was referbing his Rover alloys i think, But here is the outcome;

PRIMED

I think it was 3-4 coats of black gloss, But here is a kinda Before and after pic;

And here is one with an alloy I haven't touched, one just sanded down and one completed;

A pic of the Throttle body after it was cleaned, and I think if you haven't done it already, Then DO IT because my cars only done 64K and it was full about 1/8 of black s**t.
Wouldn't be 100% sure after it was properly cleaned that i noticed a difference, I THINK I did with response and throttle control but it might be wishful thinking.

Thats it really for the car, just trying to get the Refeb done tbh.

Some Unrelated pics 8)

Went to get some cash out when I was given the most Important question in the WORLD :shock:

I was lol-ing to myself then after i picked the obvious option, I walked away empty handed... :cry:

I'm White/British too.

What I do when I'm not pulling my wire :oops:

LOL at this Chair on a quick lunch break, I was Basically on the floor
mattskate
Bronze Member

Post by mattskate »

tbh i think it dont look too bad without the front badge (apart from the lil cut out in the bonnet)#
plus side to having a silver polo is getting gti stuff the same colour haha
SolidZeus
Bronze Member

Post by SolidZeus »

mattskate wrote:tbh i think it dont look too bad without the front badge (apart from the lil cut out in the bonnet)#
plus side to having a silver polo is getting gti stuff the same colour haha
I'm not really sure about it, I prefer my old Black VW badge but then again it wasn't a Honeyhcomb Grille so wasn't the best,
And I'm sure they do a Standard Red 6n2?
red6n2

My new 6n2!!! (Updated)

Post by red6n2 »

What do you mean by standard. Mines a 1.4 SE some databases have it as a polo match some dont I'm not entirely sure of its actual model but it has s**t loads of extras :-). And what do you need of a red polo I have some spare bits knocking about you may be in luck :-)
SolidZeus
Bronze Member

Post by SolidZeus »

red6n2 wrote:What do you mean by standard. Mines a 1.4 SE some databases have it as a polo match some dont I'm not entirely sure of its actual model but it has **** loads of extras :-). And what do you need of a red polo I have some spare bits knocking about you may be in luck :-)
Do 1.4 Standards come with Colour coded seats and fogs? And I think you got even more extras :lol:
And Atm, it's just Cupholders and wheel spacers I'm after until I can get the Referb done and then that'll be pretty much it I suppose, Baring in mind it's a 1.0
red6n2

My new 6n2!!! (Updated)

Post by red6n2 »

See I'm not sure the only ones I know that had colour coded seats were the match and some blue and some red ones. But it came with colour coded strips too before I removed them. Ah I don't have spacers but with the cup holder go on to clublupo and see if there are any breaking as they have twin cup holders and not that stupid coin tray.
SolidZeus
Bronze Member

Post by SolidZeus »

red6n2 wrote:See I'm not sure the only ones I know that had colour coded seats were the match and some blue and some red ones. But it came with colour coded strips too before I removed them. Ah I don't have spacers but with the cup holder go on to clublupo and see if there are any breaking as they have twin cup holders and not that stupid coin tray.
Yea i got 4 25m Spacers on the way, not sure how the cars gonna sit yet but we'll see and I was looking at GTI interior but i has wind up windows Rofl :lol:
Match has Electric windows and a Sun roof too right? Oh and Central locking?
Last edited by SolidZeus on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
georgen
Bronze Member

Post by georgen »

Mine was a match, cl,ew,ac, cup holder but no sunroof. the colour concepts had colour matching leather interiors.