Randy's blue 6n2 (paulina the polo :P)

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
randell6n2blue
New

Post by randell6n2blue »

well after many attempts ive finally got an account club polo so boring so ill just copy and past everything on to here :)

heloooooooooo dubbers ....just a little something showing off my little polo which i bought in feb 12 with : blown up engine, gearbox with broken 5th gear, broken windscreen, no tax and no mot. so i was pretty much starting from scratch so heres a few pics of what I've done so far :)

how it was when i first got it

i tried to find the over heating problem but in the end i decided to go for a new engine and gearbox so let the stripping begin :)

a day of hard work and i got it all out on my own :thumbup:

the next day i got the new engine and box in, only had to do the gear linkage which i needed help adjusting, new oil and filter and then soon for a start B)

just to show the 2 days of work i had

now this is where every one is fooled instead of doing a straight swap for another 1.0mpi engine i decided to got for a 1.4mpi engine. only 10 bhp difference bt hey every little helps :) here she is now in and running

got some temp replacement shoes as well

hmmmm wonder what this cheeky button does :p

not bad for pound land spray paint :) aslo need to get that nasty dent sorted and petrol cap (bought it like that)

another after a fresh wash

:(

well wanted these but decided to let my mate have em instead

would look way better on mine dont u agree

had a little asda carpark shoot with my mate ben

talk about hight difference

exhaust was blowing so out came the tools

ended up getting bored and making a side exit .... way too loud tho !

out for a random cruise with the dubs

MAJOR UPDATES COMING SOON SO STAY TUNNED FEEDBACK WELCOME :)

not as low as i was hoping for but it will do for now, here are the pics :)

before

during

after

the ride was horrid and the back was sitting way too high so next day i took the bumpstops and helper springs out still abit high and bumpy but major improvment

after a month of neglect i decided shes deserving of nice wash :roll:

shiny :-p

need to sort out the low hanging exhaust

stickersss

made a little water pistol

got a 7 hour round trip to do on saturday with bouncy coilovers to collect the new wheels because courier wanted £140 to deliver them.......... anyone know of any cheap courier services to save me the back ache?

next things on my list are : new headlights, 3000k h.i.ds, full gti grills including fogs, gti splitter, central locking kit with alarm, electric windows, all black interrior etc etc.

Ended up picking my new wheels up today instead of saturday. But I'm comming to the conclusion that these coilovers have to come off its so anoying bouncing about because of the slightest bump in the road. Wish i bought new ones instead now what a waste of money and its not even sitting that low think all the shocks my be fuggered !!!!

well had a near death experience, went to the scrappy to try fix my mates crashed 206 ended up getting squirted in the face with air con gas. now being a trainee mechanic i know this is poisonous but i didn't get any side effects straight away, ended up being rushed to hospital the next morning for collapsing after daggering pains from my chest, found out there was a problem wit my lungs causing me to struggle to breathe bad times but I'm all good now so time to resume work on the polo.

stand rear struts back on and got a petrol cap for free (which is only fair considering one of your cars nearly killed me)

body shop took too long with my wheels and the white ones had incredibly bold tyres to steels are on :( feels better to drive tho

started to sand the wheels down myself rele not having fun its only took the first coat off so I've been referred to the paint stripper department, all this just to get a polished lip. was going to rattle can them but when all 4 is prepped for painting ill just take them back to the bodyshop hopefully wont be long till there on :)

loads more updates soon missed all the sunshine due to work :( hope theres some more so the fibreglass can come out to play ;)

so this happened

for me to do this

trying to sort my wheels out was a massive fail so i found another body shop and get them back freshly painted tomorrow :) but heres my attempt

nitromors at work did nothing !!!!

trial fitted some wheels and hated them .....

got my little collection coming along

big updates over the weekend hopefully everything goes right

finally some progress made

some of this

standard vs 3000k

thats just the toys i got myself for my birthday now to some body s**t

started to do some smoothing

improvement lol

tried to do a polished lip with yellow inserts but as youd imagine it dint rele go

hated it so i got some colours made up :)

now for the mechanical stuff project pedal box -_- i never and i quote NEVER want to do another one of these in my life time such a headache !

this is what it should be welded like VW watch and learn !!

spotted this out likey likey

ive rattle canned the bumper because having a 2 tone car was a tad anoying its only temp as it looks crap

updated to come

.cambelt possibly way over due
.get the 1.4 ecu,keys,clocks,ignition barrel off the car i got the engine from
. sounds like a waste but im ither going to get a 4-2-1 and cam to improve performance/make louder noises/ massive flames or sorn the car and do ither a 1.6 16v / 1.8 20vt conversion
. new coilovers and lower profile tyres
. smooth rear bumper
.toying with the idea of getting it completely wrapped as there is various bits of lacquer peel :(

thats all i can think of for now as its 4:41 am -_-
feedback feedback feedback
SolidZeus
Bronze Member

Re: Randy's blue 6n2 (paulina the polo :P)

Post by SolidZeus »

Really transformed it man, Keep us updated with the conversion too man, because I got the same 1.0 but in Silver and wanting to do a conversion for a while now ;)
TRiBaL
Bronze Member
Drives: 1.4 16V 6n2

Post by TRiBaL »

Total waste of money for a crappy car-engine.
You should have bought a GTi right from the beginning.
Sorry for being mean but it's just my honest opinion.
SolidZeus
Bronze Member

Post by SolidZeus »

TRiBaL wrote:Total waste of money for a crappy car-engine.
I don't think it's that easy
randell6n2blue
New

Post by randell6n2blue »

TRiBaL wrote:Total waste of money for a crappy car-engine.
See i would but having a revoked licence i had to redo my test with 6 points so insurance arent gonna be very kind to me are they lol besides whats the point of buying something already done when you can have more fun building it im a mechanic so thats my theory :)
randell6n2blue
New

Post by randell6n2blue »

SolidZeus wrote:Really transformed it man, Keep us updated with the conversion too man, because I got the same 1.0 but in Silver and wanting to do a conversion for a while now ;)
Cheers man what conversion you looking to do?
georgen
Bronze Member

Post by georgen »

If you took front end off when doing engine change, It would of been so much easier mate.
randell6n2blue
New

Post by randell6n2blue »

Most prob will mate can get a better view for what im doing aswell:)
red6n2
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by red6n2 »

About f*****g time Randell !.
randell6n2blue
New

Post by randell6n2blue »

Haha

Ive decided as my next project im going to ither buy a gti and strip it to the bare nothing and put the bits on my car (mainly wanting the engine) or buy a gti engine and stripping that and rebuilding it . Maby cam it , remap 4-2-1 etc etc ... Yes i have got money to waste n i could buy a better car bt wheres the fun in that ayyy
SolidZeus
Bronze Member

Post by SolidZeus »

randell6n2blue wrote:Haha

Ive decided as my next project im going to ither buy a gti and strip it to the bare nothing and put the bits on my car (mainly wanting the engine) or buy a gti engine and stripping that and rebuilding it . Maby cam it , remap 4-2-1 etc etc ... Yes i have got money to waste n i could buy a better car bt wheres the fun in that ayyy
I'm doing the ''Buying a GTI'' one ;)
georgen
Bronze Member

Post by georgen »

If you convert, you are better off buying damaged gti, cos you need more than the engine mate, then sell rest of parts on to recoup money. mine started as a 1,4 8v, and as you said more fun building it.
randell6n2blue
New

Post by randell6n2blue »

georgen wrote:

If you convert, you are better off buying damaged gti, cos you need more than the engine mate, then sell rest of parts on to recoup money. mine started as a 1,4 8v, and as you said more fun building it.
Mine started as a 1.0 8v bought it completely f**ked nd put a 1.4 8v in there still running it off a 1.0 ecu so you can imagine how dodgy that is lol ive been looking everywhere for a crashed gti but no luck so far :(
randell6n2blue
New

Post by randell6n2blue »

ok someone needs to hurry up and write off a gti and sell it to me soon ;) preferably no damage to the front end ta :) ...............sooo driving down the motorway doing 60 then my car decides it wants to drop to 40mph with no means of going faster than that even when i dropped it into 3rd -_- sounded like a missfire pulled over checked all ht leads oil coolant every thing visual that could fault running found nothing, started it again now its running normal popping flames as she does ( loves me a de-cat :P) but yeah no updates been working loads so should have tons to spend next month :).... few piccies
randell6n2blue
New

Post by randell6n2blue »

got loads of piccys from the hindhead tunnel run part 2

gave it a quick primer and spray and away we went

hids may be a bit blinding

side lights :D

now some cruise photos

my mates old polo before it got written off

also found these online so looks like ill be changing the colour of my wheels -__-