Polo GTI 6n2 - 3 door, red

Forum rules
Please Use The New FOR SALE CATEGORIES when listing an item for sale!
TriggerFish
Silver Member

Polo GTI 6n2 - 3 door, red

Post by TriggerFish »

Hi all,

For sale is my Polo GTI. I've had the car for over three years and it's been nearly faultless. Aside from service parts it's had a new alternator, RCL pump and ABS sensor in that time. I'm looking to sell as I want something different (I get bored easily, most cars stay less than a year!) - either an R53 Mini Cooper S or an E30 325i Sport. Part exchange with either of these is welcome.

For photos, see: http://s660.photobuc...3?sort=3&page=1

I'll try and get interior ones when it stops raining, but it's in good condition, it just needs a dust and hoover.

Price: £1,800 but any serious offer considered. Car is located in Aylesbury, Bucks.

For those who don't know, the standard spec on these is:
1.6 16v with 125bhp (0-60 in 8.* seconds)

xenon headlights with washers/leveling

climate control

electric windows and electric/heated mirrors

6 CD changer

remote locking with alarm

spilt 15 inch BBS rims (with RainSport2s with about 5-6mm tread left)

In terms of car specific things of note:
90k miles (just under)

new box and clutch at about 60-70k (invoice with mileage on somewhere)

pedal box recall done

wheels were refurbed and are nearly perfect except a small mark on one rim/lip

tax for 5 months left

it's got an MOT, but not much left (August). It's done less than 500 miles since the last MOT, so I doubt it'll fail, so I'll get a full year's put on prior to selling. On the last MOT it failed due to an exhaust hanger, but once that was repaired it sailed through.

The car was SORN for a while (about 1 year to 18 months), while I was at uni, so there's a 'gap' in the service history were it wasn't being driven. Otherwise it's got FSH up until being SORN'd, and has been serviced by myself just before I got it on the road at the start of May. (Air filter, coil, plugs, leads, oil/filter).
I've got a folder full of old invoices dating back until the car was about 2-4 years old. I replaced the C/L pump at the start of May, as well as one of the ABS sensors (but I bought all 4 in case the others failed soon after coming out of SORN).

Completely standard now apart from an aero rear wiper and a 99 wiper relay, but the mod I did do was brakes (see: http://www.tigerstyl...php?f=7&t=55945) and a set of Recaro seats from a Golf (never fully fitted).

Paint is pretty good, there's some stone chips up front, put nothing to worry about IMO. There's a few parking dents and a small mark in the rear bumper/boot lid (I've got a spare bumper for the rear, but it needs tidying up really which I ran out of time to do). None detract from the car though IMO. It's not perfect, but it still looks good IMO and gets positive comments about its condition so can't be too bad. . .

I'm sure there's stuff I've missed out, but if you're interested either PM me, or I can be emailed at joe_alford1 [at] msn dot com.
Last edited by TriggerFish on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TriggerFish
Silver Member

Re: Polo GTI 6n2 - 3 door, red

Post by TriggerFish »