Passenger Door Switch Fault?

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
ieuan-j
New

Passenger Door Switch Fault?

Post by ieuan-j »

Hey guys, I'm having issues with my passenger door.. Basically it now unlocks with one click of the key rather than having to click twice, also the auto-lock feature has stopped working, it locks and then unlocks straight away, when you unlock the car and open the passenger door, if the drivers door hasn't been opened in time, the car will lock and the alarm will go off, when you lock the car with the switch on the drivers door, it wont lock, the pin will go down and pop straight back up again, And finally, the interior light doesn't come on when you open it.
Anybody had the same issues and over come them? The search function has come up with nothing, unless I'm searching the wrong thing? It would suggest there's a faulty door switch, but this is my first 'modern' car, I'm used to Mk2 Golfs with minimal electrics haha.

Any help is much appreciate!
Steve W
New

Re: Passenger Door Switch Fault?

Post by Steve W »

I have exactly the same problem! It's intermittent on mine though, some days all works fine, other days the fault is there. Not really looked into what's causing it, but fortunately the car does still lock properly.
Sorry I can't help but I will watch this thread with interest!
GTi_Red
Silver Member

Post by GTi_Red »

Try the simple stuff like the multi plug going into the door, unplug it look for signs of water, plug it back in and make sure it's in properly
jenpil
New

Post by jenpil »

Similar problem on my 2007 Polo 9n3.
The autolock activates at 10mph...and the passenger side pin pop straight back up again.
I took it into VW when it was still under the 1 year pre-owned warranty, and they couldn't find anything wrong.
That's the problem with intermittent faults.....they always behave themselves when they shouldn't!
I've just learnt to live with it, and hope it doesn't develop any more central locking faults.
:cry: