Potential new Polo Gti Owner

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Dan_183
New

Potential new Polo Gti Owner

Post by Dan_183 »

Currently own a 2012 Corsa VXR but now looking for something abit more suitable for myself. Currently looking at a Polo GTI but I have a few questions:

Any parents on here with a 3 door polo? Do you cope with it being a small car?

Any reliability issues? Noticed the older engines suffer from oil consumption. I am looking at a 63 plate Polo with 9k on the clock.

Tuning potential?

Anybody drove a Corsa + Polo for a comparison?

Any help would be appreciated :)
Jason6003
New

Re: Potential new Polo Gti Owner

Post by Jason6003 »

Hi,

I have a 5 door Blue GT with a 5 and a 3 year old, I have no problems at all, they have large car seats and fit fine, I'm 5' 10" and my seat goes back quite a way but the little ones still have ample of leg room. The boot fits a small pushchair for the 3 year old when he needs it. When I was looking for a car I test drove the new 3 door FIesta ST, kids and car seats as well! Being the ages they are they climbed in the car ok and into their seats but it sure is easier with a 5 door. I hope this helps
Joe9n3
Bronze Member

Post by Joe9n3 »

Tuning you can get about 240 out of it stage 2 (look at hurdy's thread)

would smoke a corsa vxr 8) Light, DSG and both super & turbo charger noise :twisted:
hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

63 plate will be fine for oil. They still drink a little but to be expected from a twin charged engine.

Echo that a 5 door is more practical.
benhowarth6
Bronze Member

Post by benhowarth6 »

I had a 60 plate that drank oil at around 1 litre per week, after numerous fixes and other problems VW booked it in for a new engine, however there was issues with the exhaust and gearbox so they bought it back off me and gave me a 63 plate GTI with 7k on. This one drinks around a litre every 1.5-2k miles depending on how you drive it, but from what I've read pretty much all TSI engines use a lot of oil, the newer engine however is significantly better than the old one as is the gearbox in my newer one.

The only issues I've had with the newer one is a HPFP (High Pressure Fuel Pump) failure so VW replaced the whole fuel system in mine, not a common issue from what I've seen so the newer ones are pretty reliable!

I haven't driven a corsa but I have been in one a few times and I think the Polo is a much nicer place to be in terms of comfort and quality.

Mine is due to be getting a stage 1 remap eventually, but at the moment it just has an induction kit and always run on V-Power + and it absolutely flies.

Also Shadow Blue ftw 8)
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

I have an 11 plate GTI mate. Owned it from new. Gave mine a good boot on its first day and it's been fine on oil. Just top ups here and there but as many have already said, all TSI's seem to enjoy a drink. Mines running milltek turbo back, forge motorsport Intake and custom code phase 2 map. Running in the region of 230-240 bhp and limited to 295Nm torque due to DSG box needing a map. However wipes the floor with many of things, unfortunatly corsa vxr being one of them lol. Still returning a good 50 mpg on the motorway and under load can still see high 20s. But again, the cabin is a much nicer place than the Vauxhalls.