6N2 Car Radio install? Any idea how to do this?

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
TheCameronPerson
New
Drives: 2000 6N2 1.4 MPI

6N2 Car Radio install? Any idea how to do this?

Post by TheCameronPerson »

Hi, I bought my Polo without a radio and now I've gone and bought one from EBay. It was advertised as easy install but I honestly have no idea what to do with all the wires, has anyone had any experience they can share about installing an aftermarket stereo?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Stereo-He ... 3f3d781a38
Here's the link to the EBay page where I bought the stereo (above).
And here are the wiring looms from my car, as you can see there are two sets with 8 wires in each. The problem is that the unit I've bought has got only one slot for wires and it houses room for only 12, not 16. Is there some sort of adaptor I can buy?
Not even the antenna fits in the unit..
I did get wires with the stereo, but I have no clue how to install it, I'd really appreciate any input or advice..

Thanks,
Cameron
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: 6N2 Car Radio install? Any idea how to do this?

Post by alexperkins »

that radio would have to be wired onto a set of radio plugs from somewhere like maplin - you would be wise to send it back and get a basic pioneer alpine or Sony etc that comes with the proper wiring

Normally the blue and brown plugs go into a wiring adapter supplied with the radio

Aerial often needs an adapter which you can get from halfords or maplins or ebay
tendyfish
New
Drives: 6N2 1.4 16v

Post by tendyfish »

you might want to take a look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz8jg4afxWU , its for a Golf MK4 but i'm sure the oirignal head units are identical. All the best
k7aus
New

Post by k7aus »

In your Polo the 2 connectors are called ISO connectors, Black ISO is normally 12v positive and negative etc and the Brown ISO connector is usually speakers

Usually this is the case but may change from ISO connector to ISO connector

You can buy adaptors from Halfords, just take along your new loom and buy the connector that matches your ISO