Window visors

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
CrypticG
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2 TSI SEL (6C)

Window visors

Post by CrypticG »

Can anybody recommend a few good versions or makes of these (window visors / wind deflectors) etc. for my 3 door 6C? Looking for some that look appealing (not tacky) but yet do the job well.

Any pictures of some installed would be appreciated.. UK based?

thanks in advance! :D
chrispy.
Gold Member

Re: Window visors

Post by chrispy. »

I have Heko deflectors from ebay - £25

Ill get some pictures tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
grem
Getting There!

Post by grem »

Ice got the Team Heko ones on my polo 6r, I dont think they add to much to the looks of the car or take much away for that matter, for me they are just brilliant for their function. I think these ones are quite good though since they are quite dark, I'm not really sure what alternatives there are however or how they compare. Hope it helps

CrypticG
Silver Member

Post by CrypticG »

thank you mate! appreciate that, looks nice! Are yours similar or the same as these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wind-Deflecto ... 2c85d28367
grem
Getting There!

Post by grem »

Yeah that's them, I think if you have a poke around on ebay they are £25 elsewhere
I also didn't need to use the clips they came with as they fitted pretty snug with just the adhesive
CrypticG
Silver Member

Post by CrypticG »

grem wrote:Yeah that's them, I think if you have a poke around on ebay they are £25 elsewhere
I also didn't need to use the clips they came with as they fitted pretty snug with just the adhesive
great! thank you :D
cheba
Silver Member
Drives: Polo R WRC 2014

Post by cheba »

I have Team Heko deflectors on my WRC. Ordered them on eBay for a little over 40€ including shipping. Price was exactly the same as it would have been if ordered directly from the manufacturer at heko.pl. They are OK considering the price. What I don't really like about the Hekos is the shape in the front corner with the round cutout. The Polo doesn't need the cutout for the mirrors, but all Heko models seem to have the cutouts. Also the Heko deflectors have a dark, purplish tint. Reminds me a bit of cheap dark window tinting film.

The alternative is Climair deflectors which have an even width across the entire length and no cutout, looks a bit cleaner. I think they are also available in different shades, clear, smoked and dark. The downside is that they are more expensive. Deflectors are also available as original accessories from the VW dealer. They have the same clean look as Climair ones, they may actually be Climair ones but not sure about this. I quoted the VW dealer before ordering my Hekos, the price would have been double the price of the Hekos.

Just as grem mentioned, they are pretty snug so I didn't use the included clips. I actually tried to push one clip in but the fit was too tight to even get it in. So I left them out, the double sided tape in the ends is enough. They seem brittle though, I lightly dropped one when unpacking them, and a small piece broke off of the rear corner. Superglued it back together, and luckily it is not visible since it is inside the window frame of the door.
CrypticG
Silver Member

Post by CrypticG »

Thanks for the info mate, much appreciated! Think I will order the Climair ones

grem
Getting There!

Post by grem »

I have to say I disagree with cheba about the circular cutout near the wing mirrors. Although is not technically needed for vision into the the mirrors you would be surprised how much your view is restricted at junctions.

It took me a bit of getting used to even with the circular cut away, of getting full view at junctions and stop signs, and in my opinion without this vision would be even harder and somewhat dangerous. In my opinion that was one of the best features of the team heko deflectors as they still provide good viability, reducing the chance of you not spotting a cyclist or motorcyclist.

I also don't really know where the idea of a purple tint comes from? Mine are as black as they always have been and I have had them on my car for around 2 years now, they match my rear tints almost perfectly.
That being said I haven't had the climair ones and I do know they are more expensive, whether that means better quality I am quite skeptical to say the least
hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

Climair on my GTI. No clips or adhesive just slot in, make sure your windows stay shut for a couple of days for them to bed in.

Purchased from Amazon for less than £40. imho they look OEM.

wolfie
Gold Member
Drives: 6R1-1.2 TSI (2011, CBZB, 77Kw)

Post by wolfie »

hornmeister wrote:Climair on my GTI. No clips or adhesive just slot in, make sure your windows stay shut for a couple of days for them to bed in.
I've been considering the Climair one's for that very reason, I don't fancy pushing clips into the window channels and possibly damaging the rubber seals or biting through paint. Mine's a 5 dr, not sure whether to do both front and rear or just the fronts?
CrypticG
Silver Member

Post by CrypticG »

hornmeister wrote:Climair on my GTI. No clips or adhesive just slot in, make sure your windows stay shut for a couple of days for them to bed in.

Purchased from Amazon for less than £40. imho they look OEM.

Looks smart mate, very nice! What tint of visor did you get? Am I right in saying the Climair come in different shades?

grem
Getting There!

Post by grem »

@hornmeister Loving the look of those on your polo, they look very smart
cheba
Silver Member
Drives: Polo R WRC 2014

Post by cheba »

grem wrote:I have to say I disagree with cheba about the circular cutout near the wing mirrors. Although is not technically needed for vision into the the mirrors you would be surprised how much your view is restricted at junctions.

It took me a bit of getting used to even with the circular cut away, of getting full view at junctions and stop signs, and in my opinion without this vision would be even harder and somewhat dangerous. In my opinion that was one of the best features of the team heko deflectors as they still provide good viability, reducing the chance of you not spotting a cyclist or motorcyclist.

I also don't really know where the idea of a purple tint comes from? Mine are as black as they always have been and I have had them on my car for around 2 years now, they match my rear tints almost perfectly.
That being said I haven't had the climair ones and I do know they are more expensive, whether that means better quality I am quite skeptical to say the least
I don't think the cutouts do that much to improve visibility, because the area of the cutout is so small. Though the circular shape make them very noticable, so they may seem big. So you get a tiny bit more visibility, but I think it is almost negligible.

If I run my windows down and look through the deflectors, I see everything darkened, but not completely with a dark gray tint (as I would like it). But more like a slight tint of very dark purple or blue. For example, a white car does not become dark grey when looking at it through the deflectors. The effect is not strong, but still something I notice. Although I am color blind to some degree, but that is my opinion.

I haven't either had Climair ones, and I am not saying they are better quality. But they have a different shape, are more expensive, and I think they are available in different shades. At least in hornmeister's picture, they seem to blend in very well. The shape follows the shape of the window and the tint seems to match that of the window glass very well.
wolfie wrote:I've been considering the Climair one's for that very reason, I don't fancy pushing clips into the window channels and possibly damaging the rubber seals or biting through paint. Mine's a 5 dr, not sure whether to do both front and rear or just the fronts?
As mentioned earlier in this thread, Team Heko's will also stay in place without any clips. Clips are included but at least in my case it was too tight to even get the clips in. There is a little piece of double sided tape in each end, but I don't think that is necessary either. In order to get the Heko's in place you have to bend them somewhat and follow a specific order (first insert front corner, then bend until you can insert rear end, then finally insert the middle part by working your way from the front corner) so they are definitely not going to fall out by themselves. At least for the front doors, I have 3 door so I can't say anything about rear doors.
hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

Cheers all.
Just the standard smoked ones. It's all Amazon had at the time.

I installed them because if it had been raining and I turned a corner with the window down I'd get a wet shoulder. Nothing to do with looks. :mrgreen:

For the first couple of weeks I'd see the edge of them out of the corner of my eye and think the window was partially open but I've got used to them now. :oops: