New GTI - Good deal?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Willoughbyyy
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco R 2015

New GTI - Good deal?

Post by Willoughbyyy »

Looking at trading in my Scirocco R for a brand-new 6c GTI next week, been reading up on them after previously cancelling my order back in December for one but the used market seems to differ in price between £15k-£25k+ :|

Been offered a price of £22,500 at 6.8% with a £1,400 deposit contribution, £200 from me to secure the car, totalling £380 per month.
Seems a good deal considering the list price is £26,240?

spec as follows; FC1 (Customized installation) KA1 (Rear view camera) PDB (Sports performance pack with D) PH2 (Climate control, electronic) PJD (Alloy wheels, 17" 'Serron') PLB (Light & sight pack) PNC (Discover navigation) PS1 (Panoramic Tilt/slide sunroof) WFB (Parking sensors(Cruise & Park) WL1 (Alcantara) WW1 (Winter pack - Heated front sea) YOW (Car-net Guide & Inform extn 36) 4X3 (Side airbag in front, with cur) 6XE (Exterior mirrors, power-foldin) 7RE (Media disc for nav) 9IE (Std phone prep for navigation)
lxm
Bronze Member

Re: New GTI - Good deal?

Post by lxm »

carwow/orange wheels

your deal seems steep, you can pick up a base spec gti for 16.6k on one of the above broker sites
Baxgttdi
New
Drives: GTi

Post by Baxgttdi »

I second the above, that's not cheap at all. I literally ordered one last week from drivethedeal without the alacantara and sunroof for a touch over 17k. Think I've got everything else you've mentioned but even if I don't there surely can't be 5k I've missed off. Definitely worth having a look in drivethedeal and carwow. Both will give you the free 1 year insurance and the £1400 deposit contribution as well :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Willoughbyyy
Bronze Member

Post by Willoughbyyy »

Thanks for the input guys.

Rang another dealer and gave them the details and they quoted me £350 for the same spec'd car. The first dealer had given the price of £22,500 after they'd factored in the £1,400 deposit contribution, bit cheeky if you ask me. £22,500 then minus the contribution would've been a good deal!

Looking into ordering another factory spec car again now, another three month wait :?
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

That's a terrible deal. Bearing in mind we traded in a polo 1.2tsi that was £1000 the wrong way on it's finance deal, we got a bog standard 5 door gti in white for £2900 deposit (£1500 from us to wipe the negative equity with a bit extra and the £1400 deposit contribution) plus the VW loyalty bonus for staying with them (about £500) and we're paying £238 a month. with several options (cruise and park, sport button, pano sunroof) on it only came to £269 but this was beyond what my wife wanted to pay for her car.

You should certainly be getting the VW loyalty bonus off them if you already have a VW. What's the mileage set to on the deal? Have they added in all the extras such as GAP, alloy repair, paint protection etc. without telling you? That's a favourite trick of car dealerships as they get commision on those products. I've also got to ask why buy the polo if it comes out at 26,000 when the golf gti is only a little bit more?
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

As others have pointed out, that's not particularly competitive.

I'd strongly recommend trying the Orange Wheels configurator to see what kind of price they suggest. Check out CarWow too, as they're pulling in some impressive deals at the minute from what I've seen.

Even if you don't actually buy through one of the above, it could at least give you extra leverage to negotiate with your current dealership. The GTI is a good car, but it's not worth paying over the odds for :D
Willoughbyyy
Bronze Member

Post by Willoughbyyy »

lancslad1985 wrote:That's a terrible deal. Bearing in mind we traded in a polo 1.2tsi that was £1000 the wrong way on it's finance deal, we got a bog standard 5 door gti in white for £2900 deposit (£1500 from us to wipe the negative equity with a bit extra and the £1400 deposit contribution) plus the VW loyalty bonus for staying with them (about £500) and we're paying £238 a month. with several options (cruise and park, sport button, pano sunroof) on it only came to £269 but this was beyond what my wife wanted to pay for her car.

You should certainly be getting the VW loyalty bonus off them if you already have a VW. What's the mileage set to on the deal? Have they added in all the extras such as GAP, alloy repair, paint protection etc. without telling you? That's a favourite trick of car dealerships as they get commision on those products. I've also got to ask why buy the polo if it comes out at 26,000 when the golf gti is only a little bit more?
Used to have a 2011 polo GTI before the scirocco and fancy another one again plus saves on fuel costs. As far as I'm aware this was just the base cost without any gap alloy cover etc.. I will have to ask about the loyalty bonus as well
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Yeah I'd just double check as stealerships have a tendency to quote with that stuff on. I love the wifes gti, it's a great little car. I've had 44mpg out of it to work and back but the boot is too small for me or I'd get my own!
Scott Bounce
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6C GTi

Post by Scott Bounce »

I'm guessing that's higher purchase and not PCP? Also I'd consider dropping the optional alloys, standards are far nicer!
Willoughbyyy
Bronze Member

Post by Willoughbyyy »

Thanks again for all the advice guys, went to Grimsby (where i'd initially ordered my first polo) and they've got me one ordered up, expected around November/December :D
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

Hopefully it'll be quicker than that - maybe not after your last attempt though :lol: who did you deal with this time?
Willoughbyyy
Bronze Member

Post by Willoughbyyy »

nats148 wrote:Hopefully it'll be quicker than that - maybe not after your last attempt though :lol: who did you deal with this time?
Hopefully so! Mel again, same as last time! :D

I noticed the golf anniversary on your profile? wouldn't happen to be the new one would it!?
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

He's a mkiv 25th Anni, was my daily driver til a couple of years ago but want to keep the mileage down now he's getting older.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk