Brake Light Fuse 2001 Polo Y Reg

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
trentaitkensmith
New
Drives: 2001

Brake Light Fuse 2001 Polo Y Reg

Post by trentaitkensmith »

Hi Everyone

First post here, so excuse any errors. Both my brake lights are out on my Polo and I want to change the fuse...but can’t work out which it the brake light fuse on the fuse card. Any ideas? I have images of the fuse card but can’t upload them. I think it’s number 15 which is a round circle with a bulb in the middle of it.
937carrera
Silver Member
Drives: 2000 Polo GTi

Re: Brake Light Fuse 2001 Polo Y Reg

Post by 937carrera »

Welcome :)

I believe you are correct....... that was harder to find on the wiring diagram than I expected
trentaitkensmith
New

Ah cheers 937carrera. Having so much trouble with my brake lights. I have swapped out fuse and bulbs but they are still not working. Last try is the brake switch which I didn’t really want to get into.
937carrera
Silver Member
Drives: 2000 Polo GTi

Post by 937carrera »

You really need a multimeter to test, you'll get a basic one for a tenner or so.

The current flow is Fuse 13 > brake light switch (terminals 1 & 4) > 10 pin connector > brake lights.

Are you sure the earth from the light cluster is good ?
trentaitkensmith
New

Solved the problem. I pulled the plunger out of the brake switch and the brake lights started working. So it seems that I will need to change the brake switch. It works for awhile and then the plunger (or whatever the button thing is called) gets stuck again. But cheers for your help. Much appreciated.