Radio upgrade for RCD310

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Glen22rp
New
Drives: 1.4 polo match 6r 2014

Radio upgrade for RCD310

Post by Glen22rp »

Hi i have a 2014 polo match edition 6r with the RCD310 radio from factory and was looking at upgrading it, i was looking at ones like RCD330, RCD360, RCD440, etc, but cant tell the difference between these.
Would someone be able to help me find one the fits my needs and inform me on where to buy from?
I would like to have apple carplay and android auto (android auto is not essential but i think it would convenient for the future) and i have rear parking sensors so would like the parking display to be visible when reversing

Thanks for any advice in advance
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Radio upgrade for RCD310

Post by RUM4MO »

I think that, in case that you do not know, the pre-facelift 6R Polo is quite different to the facelifted 6C Polo, so don't assume that you can buy one from the facelifted models.

I think that people have been buying in a Chinese made bit of kit from AliExpress etc.

Have you tried using the "search" function, most search functions in motoring, at least, forums are extremely fussy so interest can be lost quickly and replaced with frustration!

Good luck, hopefully someone will come to your aid with good practical advice!
crazy4alfa
New
Drives: Polo 9N3

Post by crazy4alfa »

I think RCD330 works.
Soy2
New
Drives: POLO 2014 1.4 AUTO - Match Edition

Post by Soy2 »

I did the upgrade with my RCD310 to a touchscreen sony system with apply car play and andriod auto. The only thing i needed was a wiring harness adapter. The biggest problem i came across with this aftermarket upgrade was the powering of the new unit. I left the car for 2 days and it drained the battery dead. I had to wire the continuous power wire to piggy-back from a fuse which switch off/on with ignition. Wasnt too complicated. Can go into more detail if you go this route.

In therms of parking sensors, i have the same ones. My headunit supports it but i wasnt bothered to set it up.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

If you are looking for functionality, you don't mind sharing data on the network (for navigation, etc) and that the new radio can be diagnosed, the RCD440 PRO will do perfectly.

Plug & Play with the correct harness and radio antenna cable for the conversion, the battery will not drain.

It is a radio for Chinese VW cars and many other places in the world. You can buy it on Ali, eBay, amazon, etc...

With a search on Ali you find everything you need to know.
There are installation tutorials on the Indian and Russian forums, and I also seem to remember that there are tutorials on youtube.