Polo 9n3 GTi

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
mfa-polo
Silver Member

Post by mfa-polo »

The polo would be lighter than the golf, and surely if they were to use the 1.6 FSI, they would do something to improve the performance!

The 2.0 FSI ranges from 150bhp (sport) to 200bhp (gti).

Im looking forward to seeing it though! :wink:
M7
Gold Member

Post by M7 »

Nelson_Wilbury wrote:
2fast4u wrote: and that 1600 fsi engine is rapid! anyone know any figures for it?
Can I assume you've never driven a fast car before then? :? :wink:
i have. but i was saying the 1600 is quick for what it is.
Polo-03
Silver Member

Post by Polo-03 »

Dont like to p*** on peoples bonfire but to be really honest I have had a shot of an audi TT 150bhp and it really wasnt that quick. Yeah it can shift but lets be honest it aint rapid!!! I ride motorcycles so maybe I'm just used to the power of them and there acceleration. Even if VW made the polo gti 150bhp then yeah I would be a very quick small car but nothing that really gets me excited. Only good thing to come out of all this is the fact it "could" be tuned to something well over 200bhp. And again it depends on what sort of engine they put in it. Lets just hope its a 1.8t!
mfa-polo
Silver Member

Post by mfa-polo »

Ive also driven a 52 plate Golf GTI 1.8T which I had considered when I changed my Polo GTI, but I didnt find it too impressive, although the potential was there.

Have any polos ever had a petrol engine over 1600cc, I cant think of one? :oops:
jtstatic
New

Post by jtstatic »

I think the 1.6 FSI could be tuned to something like 125bhp max and then it would still not be very quick since although by todays standards polo is somewhat light it's still pretty heavy compared to GTI's from the past weighting well under 1000kg..

1.8T 150bhp should take polo size car from 0-62 in something like 8seconds. Chip it to near 200bhp (or even more if you have the money) and it's on par with the likes of CTR, maybe even quicker thanks to better torque.. :) Anyway point being with just a chip the car will be plenty fast and it's very fast & easy (revo technik etc.) plus not even a big investment compared to the price of a more powerful car..
vwclub.gr
Bronze Member

Post by vwclub.gr »

A friend of mine has an fsi 1.6 Golf. It has been tuned and its horsepower has reached 147ps!!! He is very fast!!!

jtstatic
New

Post by jtstatic »

Well 147bhp in golf is still not blazing fast as it is a big car but yeah I'd say that is fairly quick. Got me interested though, what has he done to the car to get that much performance? Would like to see the dyno graph :) Anyway, what I ultimately meant was that VW are unlikely to give the 1.6 FSI that much power from factory..