on a tight budget

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
fink
Getting There!

on a tight budget

Post by fink »

Hi all....I'm eager to join the ranks of the GTI's...hopefully...fingers crossed my car will go on wed...my 1.4 SE has been great, but lacks the ummmph....and then comes the job of finding a GTI...(well actually I've spotted two already...I just wanted some of your opinions on one that I've found)
Now I wont have stacks of cash to buy a GTI...(I know I can already hear the groans...he he)...but I have found one for 4K that on the face of it ticks all but one box.
Namely its got:
Full VW Service Hist..Tick
One owner from new..Tick
Older Lady owner..Tick...(even has the VW mudflaps at the rear fitted...hold old person is that...he he)
Silver (not red)..Tick
Peddle box done..Tick
Cam belt Change..Tick
Not a write off..Tick
W reg..ok, so it wasnt likely to be an F reg now was it...so tickish
All the usual bits still with the car..eg Climate not aircon..Tick
Its from a garrage (not a stealership one mind)...so it gets a warrenty..Tick
Now the only blot on its coffee book is that its done 93k miles
So bareing in mind that 4k for a GTI with alot of the stuff I've ticked above would be (i think) cheap....(i've not seen a non CAT D one for less) would the 93k be a big no no....(I've seen plenty of golf GTI's last gen ones with 140...170k on the clock so I'm thinking that if its been looked after it could well have at least another 50k left in her.
Open to you...be as blunt as you like.

Ohh and this may sway it....if not a Polo Gti then it could be a 206 gti....now i'm sure you all dont want to see that now do you...he he

ohh and just to say if anyone looks or even bothers to look at the black gti in autotrader midlands for 3500....(no i didnt really concider it but phoned him just to find some details)....its got no SH....crash damage with no details (repairedish..)...outside is fine but dash passanger airbag deployed....no details of peddle box....no guarentee of mileage....needs new tyres all around....ohh and the first thing the bloke said when I asked about the car was "I wont take less than 3k for it"....desperation me thinks.

There is another black GTI in autotrader but i wanted to know if anyone has seen it.
2000VOLKSWAGEN Polo GTI, X reg.
26000 miles, black, low mileage, BBS alloys, climate control, Sports interior, GTI electric pack, excellent condition, drives like new, re-advertised due to time-waster. £4,295.
D&T SparesTel: (01732) 780111 or (07799) 368618
Distance: 85 miles
Price: £4,295

Doesnt mention a CAT listing at all but from pic its not wearing the GTI front grill.

So bargin GTI hunter that I am I ask you to give me some advice.
Cheers
Steve
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

Theres a silver one on e-bay that looks pretty good, if I hadn't just bought one I'd be tempted by it http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2000-VOLKSWAGEN-P ... dZViewItem
fink
Getting There!

Post by fink »

Thanks for that...its nearly in my price range.
any of you have any comments on the high mileage GTI
ie
CAN A POLO GTI cope with 100k+ miles
Cheers
jimmadee
New

Post by jimmadee »

Sorry to say the Polo GTI is defiantly a car you need to have some money set aside for repairs. Take a look at the posts regarding things going wrong.

For example I just had a couple of engine sensors go , 150 quid’s worth. Might be better to go for a used approved car in the long run if you are on a fixed budget – at least you know you won’t be spending any more as it comes with warrantee etc.

Hope you find the car you are after, let us no how it goes.
moynas
Silver Member

Post by moynas »

Oi whats with the bit Silver ( NOT red :twisted: :evil: :twisted: )

Red looks the best colour by far!!!
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

moynas wrote:Oi whats with the bit Silver ( NOT red :twisted: :evil: :twisted: )

Red looks the best colour by far!!!
It's true, but unfortunately there's a lot of people that have yet to reach that stage of enlightenment :lol:
DMWRIGHT
Bronze Member

Post by DMWRIGHT »

Go back to your colour corner guys, everyone knows that silver is best, and fastest :wink:
hot_polo
Bronze Member

Re: on a tight budget

Post by hot_polo »

2000VOLKSWAGEN Polo GTI, X reg.
26000 miles, black, low mileage, BBS alloys, climate control, Sports interior, GTI electric pack, excellent condition, drives like new, re-advertised due to time-waster. £4,295.
D&T SparesTel: (01732) 780111 or (07799) 368618
Distance: 85 miles
Price: £4,295

Doesnt mention a CAT listing at all but from pic its not wearing the GTI front grill.

So bargin GTI hunter that I am I ask you to give me some advice.
Cheers
Steve[/quote]
Sorry to be a pain in the arse but that gti above is cat d, it has no xenons and standard front grill, not the honeycombe one :wink:
gwbjs
Getting There!

Post by gwbjs »

Have to agree with Redline and Moynas about the colour. Red is the best colour for the Polo (and most hot hatches through history) in my opinion. Just look at the MKI and MKII Golf Gti's, 205 Gti, RS Turbo etc.....all best in Rouge. Silver is like white.....not really a colour :D :twisted:
DMWRIGHT
Bronze Member

Post by DMWRIGHT »

Really ...

Do I need to continue
:twisted: