posting pics

Post FORUM SPECIFIC questions here: Such as, "HELP, I can't keep logged in for more than one session" etc... Not general help questions such as "my car won't start". You get the idea?
nelsons
New

posting pics

Post by nelsons »

Will someone please explain how to post a picture. what is http etc
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

*polite cough* http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/v ... php?t=3388

'tis only the number one, top-of-the-list stickified post in the very forum you've just posted this question in mate. If you don't want to click the above for any reason, just go back out to the topic list and you'll spot it. ;)

(i could put my own method here, again, but i've answered this thing so often recently it's starting to feel like the old digital video forum i was on where 50% of the posts could be answered by "check the FAQ" or "go to the NEW USER forum and read the stickies"... Qs like "whats NTSC and PAL?" "why can't i play this foreign DVD?" "how do i make an MPG?" littered it :) ok ok three in a couple weeks isnt all bad, but yknow..)

short answer: go to http://imageshack.us, upload your picture there, use their Link For Messageboards (2) code in your post. Sorted. just be sensible and apply some brain when making the picture, in terms of pixel- and file-size.

as for "what is HTTP?", i think that's a more wide ranging topic than can be easily or sensibly covered here - try asking jeeves that question http://www.ask.co.uk
nelsons
New

Post by nelsons »

It may be the "top-of-the-list stickified post" but it is INACCURATE!!!!!!!!!!!!. the screen that ACTUALLY comes up is NOT the one shown in the Post,Ta.
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

nelsons wrote:It may be the "top-of-the-list stickified post" but it is INACCURATE!!!!!!!!!!!!. the screen that ACTUALLY comes up is NOT the one shown in the Post,Ta.
It's a guide - that means.....

"an example of the process or a guide to the principles of the process"

I didn't have a clue when I joined this forum how to post pictures but I read the guide by Alex and was grateful for the fact he did it. I applied the principles to my situation and after a few tries in TEST Hooray!!!!

- I have also used the "principles" of the guide to write a new post for another forum I subscribe to where members wanted to do as I had and post pics - I didn't just rip of Alex's guide but tried to re-write it in a way I understood using the particular Photohost (www.photobox.co.uk) I had chosen

Does that help?

If not please be specific about your problem and where it's not working for you and people can be more specific about pointing you in the right direction......
nelsons
New

Post by nelsons »

I thank you for your reply and I am in NO way critisising, I wanted to point out that following the instructions led me up the garden path rather than where I wanted to go,Cheers, Paul
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

nelsons wrote:I thank you for your reply and I am in NO way critisising, I wanted to point out that following the instructions led me up the garden path rather than where I wanted to go,Cheers, Paul
Then post underneath it - when I followed this guide I had this problem and this fixed it......

Maybe when Alex is a little less busy he can pic up on these small points and write a better guide :wink:
nelsons
New

Post by nelsons »

I am sure all is done in good faith