The GTI is offically here!

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
JTLondon
Silver Member

Post by JTLondon »

viceroy wrote:
mfa-polo wrote:That is a great looking car! Ive already spotted some choice parts to add to my 9n! :lol:

Not sure on the silver centre console, think id change that! :roll:
I totally agree with you on that note. The silver looks like an afterthought.
I think the tartan seats are wrong aswell :D
Just looking at the member's ride... whats your 2.0 highline like? Must be pretty powerful no?
mfa-polo
Silver Member

Post by mfa-polo »

I don't mind the seats, I had the 6n2 GTI and they're a vast improvement on them (IMO), number 1's and red triangles!! (don't mean to upset anyone!!)
jj86
Bronze Member

Post by jj86 »

Anyone else notice the speedo goes up in increments of 10's, then 20's then 30's... and in the new golf r32?
Never seen anything like that before :?
viceroy
Getting There!

Post by viceroy »

JTLondon wrote:
viceroy wrote:
mfa-polo wrote:That is a great looking car! Ive already spotted some choice parts to add to my 9n! :lol:

Not sure on the silver centre console, think id change that! :roll:
I totally agree with you on that note. The silver looks like an afterthought.
I think the tartan seats are wrong aswell :D
Just looking at the member's ride... whats your 2.0 highline like? Must be pretty powerful no?
Nah, the 2.0 Highline is not that great as far as power goes. it's only got 115bhp, but comfort and spec levels are pretty decent
tom-polo53
Bronze Member

Post by tom-polo53 »

how much do you think it will cost in the uk? Also does anybody know if there's a date for it coming out? I wanna test drive one!! :D
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

jj86 wrote:Anyone else notice the speedo goes up in increments of 10's, then 20's then 30's... and in the new golf r32?
Never seen anything like that before :?
oh yeah - the one in the pic goes up in 10's then 20's but at the same spacing apart! :shock:
tom-polo53
Bronze Member

Post by tom-polo53 »

[quote="Si_GTi"]220NM torque?? :shock: :D[/quote]

thats the same as a cooper s!
JWC
Gold Member

Post by JWC »

Think that is my next car :) Give it two years to mellow and fix all the drop-offs that VW make and I think it will be peachy.
nickpolo
Gold Member

Post by nickpolo »

you wont be able to give it any longer than two years, the new polo has got a date of 2008 - but have to agree with you, think by begining of 2008 i'll be wanting to order myself one of them
jtstatic
New

Post by jtstatic »

The 1.8T engine has been around for ages (even in this platform, in ibiza for example), so why wait, it won't get any better.. :) The car is still pretty much the same old 9N, only a facelift with 30mm drop. ;)

Btw, the new 2008 model is rumoured to have 1.4 TSI engine. (read from german Autobild magazine). Also a taller model was mentioned, a bit like Golf Plus, for small families..
JWC
Gold Member

Post by JWC »

I hate all the cars currently being produced by everyone, but there is something about the new GTi that I can see myself having one.

About 2008 my car will be getting tired I think that fits the bill. And if I happen to have a sprog in the way, then I can get the taller one and pretend to be sensible. :) What so you think to my plan?

I'm getting to that age though where I want a bigger, faster and quieter car. But I have told everyone that I don't want slippers for christmas just yet.
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

how about socks? r u alrite for socks???
JWC
Gold Member

Post by JWC »

Yeah, well I wear great big caterpillar boots every day, even in greece when its 35C, so I always make holes in my socks even after one day, but I got some hole-proof socks from tescos. So far, only one hole, which I need to get my foot in.
:D

So I'm good for socks, and I don't want hankerchiefs either - they spread diseases.
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new_cars/fo ... g/polo_gti

noooooo.. the seat pattern ruins it :(

think a burberry hat would match it nicely :?:

spec list has ESP and front side airbags... bit more than the current range..
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

I'm actually warming to it quite a lot. I was having a natter with one of the sales guys at my local dealership and he was trying to get me to sit down and have a chat about financing a Golf GTI :shock: but the Polo might be a viable option in around May or June next year... I'm seriously thinking about it!

I'd want it in black though, with xenons, so it might be a while. I'm yet to see pictures of a black one, they're all red in the press photos so far...