sidebar strangeness

Post FORUM SPECIFIC questions here: Such as, "HELP, I can't keep logged in for more than one session" etc... Not general help questions such as "my car won't start". You get the idea?
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

sidebar strangeness

Post by Tahrey1043 »

Not really a "help", but it is board-mechanics related...

Sometimes the "location" text in the sidebar is split across two lines, sometimes it's all on one line. Currently it's "B-B-B-B-B-B-B-BIRMINGHAM!" so it's quite noticable when it's wide (goes down to "normal" size when on two lines, ie no wider than the "joined on" date). It changes between sessions but stays the same all the way through a particular login.

ie
B-B-BIRMINGHAM!

vs

Very odd. Don't know if anyone else's screens are affected this way, or just mine ... as it only affects my posts (and maybe those of some others with long locations??) as far as i can see im not too bothered. It's just a puzzle! :D

before any wag asks, im not changing my profile to make it do that, neither

EDIT: actually this login it's done a third variant that i only just properly noticed (thinking, detecting it in the corner of my eye, that it's "wide"). It's full-width, not breaking at any of the hyphens, but it's on a seperate line to the actual "Location:" header... like

whatever's next??
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

It just stops the forum being thrown out by people who type huge locations otherwise people would have to scroll across.
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

I see your location in two lines two, just a line break I guess, as the table cell is only so wide

Perhaps depends on your screen resolution also, lower and the whole forum table would be smaller, as forum table is coded as:

Code: Select all

<table width="100%" ...
so will grow and shrink