Black or Blue?

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Black or Blue?

Post by Redline »

Thought I'd share this picture of our drive at the minute, because it just looks quite cool.

The blue 2002 STi is my fathers own, and the black 2003 model is one we've won the use of for a week. Hopefully I might actually get to drive that one.
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Gimme!

Wicked cars!
harry
Silver Member

Post by harry »

any chance we can all have a drive???? :D (me prefers the blue one...)
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

Drove the black '03 today.

Jesus, its complete sensory overload. Imagine playing something like Gran Turismo and then getting in a real car. Thats how different the involvement is from any other car I've driven.

Even after having ridden in my fathers for over a year, its nothing like driving it. The feedback from the steering is unbelivable, the brakes are so powerful and then theres the power. Didnt really get to open it up though, too many sunday drivers.

Clutch and gearbox are maybe the worst parts about it. The 'box is notchy and has a short throw so it takes some getting used to. The clutch is a heavy as you would expect.

Otherwise its awesome, apart from the exhaust note. The black one has a standard exhaust whereas my dads has a Prodrive backbox which gives a proper Subie burble.

mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Sorry prefer the MY03, but prefer the blue :P
Both lovely though :D

Still say old skool is the way to go (but im biased!). 8)