Polo Gti (AVY) Tuning Results (read further on)

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
vdubit
Gold Member

Post by vdubit »

I aint puttin a 1.4 in my gti!

jez, you got my money for that box yet?
jezmk4
Silver Member

Post by jezmk4 »

You have email Dude

:wink:

well, will have once ive written it
poussou
Bronze Member

Post by poussou »

vdubit wrote:I know i'm bringing an old post back to life...

You state what power you had after the dyno, but you don't state how the car behaved. How did it behave? Did it still lag initially or was the power there throughout the rev range?

Looking at the graph it suggests it was good throughout.

If this is the case I'm just wondering as to why nobody else has done this.

Did you ever p&p the car and sort out the compression?

Cheers, Andy
Well as i have said before the car is now with a new owner, and i own a Golf V Gti.

But to answer you question, yes at the time before i sold it the car was a rocket.But it did need further upgrades, since the wheels where now spinning like mad in 1st and 2nd gears...

My explanation as to WHY noone has done it is that it was a DIY job with my personnal research, and most of the times ppl just want the "professional" touch.The whole deal costed about 3000 Euro but it was well worth it....

Kepp on tuning !!
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

Can I be really stupid here and ask, what's the difference between BHP@ the Flywheel and BHP@ the Wheels? :oops: I know nothing about this subject really.
vdubit
Gold Member

Post by vdubit »

A lot of the power is 'lost' through the transmission/driveshafts/cv's etc. Its quite a lot, something like 20% (i think).

Somewhere in this post josh says he had it 'roaded at 120 at flywheel and under 100bhp at the wheels.

That new bugatti actually has over 3000bhp, but 1000 is lost through the transmission and 1000 through the cooling system (its got about 450 million radiators) thus resulting in 1000bhp at the wheels.
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

vdubit wrote:That new bugatti actually has over 3000bhp, but 1000 is lost through the transmission and 1000 through the cooling system (its got about 450 million radiators) thus resulting in 1000bhp at the wheels.
:? thats a tad over 20% :wink:
vdubit
Gold Member

Post by vdubit »

It was an extreme example!