Bye bye New Polo...

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Ratty
Getting There!

Bye bye New Polo...

Post by Ratty »

...and hello New Polo!

Trading in my black 3 door 1.2 E 55bhp for a metallic black 3 door 1.2 Twist 65bhp this week, lovely jubbly!

Decided to do the swap after I got a local company to fit leccy windows to my current Polo, but unfortunately they managed to botch it up a bit. So, the car is being restored to its original state today and I've decided to swap it.

Now, I'll get air con, leccy windows, metallic paint, split rear seat, under-seat drawers (excellent for mobiles etc), and will whack on my 16" conturs, 6 disc dash changer and rubber mats (can't forget the mats!). Also, just had this tasty little number arrive today (finished in diamond black pearl), which will make a lovely addition to the new car!

Sorted!! :D 8) :D
Scorpio1
Gold Member

Post by Scorpio1 »

Nice one! Next you'll be swopping for the GTI 9N :wink:
Ballyhoo
Bronze Member

Post by Ballyhoo »

Ratty, Nice one fella!!

Where did you order that fgrill form!! and how much did it cost? and the painting costs? Its sounds like it arrived painted is that right?

The grill is going to look phat!! :D
Ratty
Getting There!

Post by Ratty »

Cheers lads! 8)

Ballyhoo, the grill is actually second hand! Saw an advert in the back of this month's VW driver, showing it. The ad said it's as good as brand new (the lad has swapped his Polo for a Golf Turbo - git), and he's had it sprayed in Diamond Black Pearl - it was made for me! I simply had to go for it! I had it for the very reasonable price (the grill looks brand new with a top paintjob) for £80 - pukka!

All being well, I'll have her parked on the drive a week on Saturday...will go nicely next to the deep blue pearl R32! :D
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

That's the same grille I had!!
:D

Only cost £20 on ebay, not painted. Unfortunatly it only lasted 1 day. Slight accident made it dented. But luckily it was on insurance and I have the money to buy a new one! :D
Ballyhoo
Bronze Member

Post by Ballyhoo »

Hey Ratty and Petrified, that grill looks mint!! Do is have to be painted? I mean my car silver but has a black grill now, so if I get this will it look ok black and it wont matter if I don't have it painted will it? :?
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

It's black anyway, just not painted. So it should be good. :D