which one ?

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
harry
Silver Member

which one ?

Post by harry »

Just been out to see an audi 2.5 tdi quattro and merc c200 compressor debating on which one to swap the type r for time for a change will be test driving these on thursday if neither are suitable will check out a bmw 530d sport..which one would you go for?
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

id say the v6 cos there really torquy and give a hell of a bang for the buck at low revs
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Drove the 530d the other day - well impressed...

But then, the Audi is VAG.

Though one!
harry
Silver Member

Post by harry »

i do like the merc, metalic black i can see it now with amg rims sports suspension if it was a choice between the merc and audi fraid the merc would win trying to get my bro to arrange a test drive in a s4 see if that would change the equation...
Scorpio1
Gold Member

Post by Scorpio1 »

I would definitely say the Audi. The Mercedes carry's the elegance and the badge, but that V6 engine is so nice in the Audi. They both have their pros and cons, I just think the Audi is rarer and the Mercedes for being a supercharged one, is a little sluggish for what it is.

The BMW 530D, well, that's a different league. That car wonders into M3 territory and is so amazing, expensive though, but boy is it worth it.

C 200 KOMPRESSOR

On the road price from £20,595
Performance 0-62.5 mph: 9.1/9.4 secs
Maximum speed : 145 mph 163 BHP
Maximum Torque (nm/rpm) 240/3000-4000

BMW 530D

Performance 0-62 mph (sec) 7.1 (7.3)
Maximum speed: 152 mph 218BHP
Max torque (Nm/rpm) 500/2,000 :o

One problem... 530d SE Saloon £30,950
harry
Silver Member

Post by harry »

it would have to be the 530d sport with the full mtec kit in silver or blue metallic they will be cheaper when the new model comes out and peope start trading them in...
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

I must admit that I haven't driven the other two, but the BMW just oozes quality - we've driven a 525d too, with the M suspension, and that's everything a guy could ask for really. It'll take you and three mates with luggage to Munich in no time, but it's still much like a sportscar underneath, it feels so solid through corners! The 530d is even worse... I never knew a diesel would sound that good!
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Go for the BM - I drove a 530d Auto this year in Munich - it does not sound like a diesel at all. This one had the M suspension/leather/sat nav (in german) but it sure did fly on the Autobhans 8)

Beemers are the ultimate driving machines - alot of people criticise them for being a business type car and therefore go for the Audi/Merc alternative. They really are rock solid motors so forget the snobery nosed image and at least give it consideration.

Des
harry
Silver Member

Post by harry »

i had a courtsey 320 tds compact a while back and that thing flew it all depends on the price and what we get for the type r in p/x test drives are booked in for audi and merc tomorrow..oooh can't wait... :D
chubbster
Silver Member

Post by chubbster »

have a go in the S4, the 2.7 bi turbo is a monster. there getting cheap now 2! 4 wheel drive and that subtle class of an audi

and if its the new shape your considering....god damn it your a lucky man! check out what amd can do for you (with both shapes)

http://www.auto-amd.com/s4.asp

and kim collins

http://www.qstuning.com/list_for_car.asp?car=s4v6

as you can tell im a massive fan!
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

if you want to free up a few ponies on an audi id recomend speaking to martyn@vag parts as he lives and breathes audis. pt it this way, i have a clue as to what is planned for his s2 and it should be scary
harry
Silver Member

Post by harry »

i know the s models are something else but everyone seems to go for td this and tdi that, i find that everyone is going for derv, saw one crazy td model audi a8 4.0tdi quattro...i bet that has some crazy torque figures looked the part aswell...
chubbster
Silver Member

Post by chubbster »

yeah the diesels now a days are awesome. but dont you love having the needle fly past 6000 rpm's?

if i had the choice of golfs, 1.8t or 150 tdi, id take the diesel but with the price of second hand S's. i think for me the choice would be obvious