finding the blower speed controller

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
scott_mk4
New

finding the blower speed controller

Post by scott_mk4 »

ive got a mk3 polo, which the blower only works on speed 3, i brought a new speed controller, but cant find where the hell its is, i was told it was behind the glove box but couldnt see it at all, any help on where it is would be very helpful cheers.
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

if ur heaters only work on the third speed then its the resistor pack. this can be found on the blower unit under the scuttle cover at the top of the engine bay if u like!

just had to do mine! if u lift the scuttle cover, u'll see the blower unit in the middle, you should see a few wires going into a connector block, thats connected to the resistor pack!

hope thats of some help!
Tjeeke
New

Post by Tjeeke »

SpikeyG40 wrote:if ur heaters only work on the third speed then its the resistor pack. this can be found on the blower unit under the scuttle cover at the top of the engine bay if u like!

just had to do mine! if u lift the scuttle cover, u'll see the blower unit in the middle, you should see a few wires going into a connector block, thats connected to the resistor pack!

hope thats of some help!
I've had the same problem with mine.
The resistor works on first and second speed, the third speed is full power with no resistance. So that's indead your problem.
So that's why only
Here's a picture of the resistor pack:
scott_mk4
New

Post by scott_mk4 »

cheers mate big help
metz

Post by metz »

SpikeyG40 wrote:if ur heaters only work on the third speed then its the resistor pack. this can be found on the blower unit under the scuttle cover at the top of the engine bay if u like!

hope thats of some help!
Did mine yesterday too on the runabout...its defo this.