I got 5K budget
which one should i buy Polo or Fabia.
I am driving 150 miles per day on M40.
so looking for diesel with low mileage.

Thanks
theclient
Silver Member

Post by theclient »

well seeing as you posted in the gti section but you want a diesel, you wont be wanting a gti?

only polo id have would be a gti!

considering the amout of miles you do a day/economy etc id go for a fabia VRS a la josh might have to stretch your budget a bit tho?

i dont know how much they go for?
frazzle
Getting There!

Post by frazzle »

Would have thought the vrs would still be around the 9k mark
andyg
Silver Member

Post by andyg »

I do a fair bit of motorway miles in my GTi. While its probably the easiest miles on car I would not reccomend it. At 86mph ish you are revving at 4k. Its pretty high and loud for 150 miles per day, you are way better off with a diesel for that trip. I often drop down to 4th on the motorway and give it some stick but the accelleration at that speed is probably less than a run of the mill Tdi.

BTW: This advice is assuming that you are talking about getting a Polo GTi. We need more details.
Last edited by andyg on Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

why not try the seat ibiza, will be cheaper than a polo, and there are often loads of tdis in auto trader and at the garages!!
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

Between the Fabia and Polo I'd choose the Polo - I'm not in any way biased though.
Wardy
Sponsor

Post by Wardy »

Cheapest Fabia vRSes out there won't be below 8k really, as they only first came out in Sept 03. Presuming that you want a PD130 based VAG car, you could also look at the Ibiza 130? They've been made for longer and residuals aren't quite as strong as the vRS, so you might find something around the 7k mark - still above your budget it would seem though.

You might find a PD100 Fabia for nearer your budget, but I don't know much about them. They are tunable though, to around 130, if required. Check out www.briskoda.net for more info/advice on the Fabia.

Steve
(ex Fabia vRS owner :P )
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

I'd go for the Fabia due to the amount of miles you are doing. Practically the same performance as the GTI but with far better economy. But then the Polo is much nicer looking inside and out imho
ajay383
New

Fabia or Polo

Post by ajay383 »

Thanks for your answers.

I like 2003 onwards polo designs and colours.
I know I cannot get vrs in 5K or 6K.
I like both cars. and I need who can give me
better mileage.
Daily I drive London to Oxford or London to Birmingham.