Newbie here!

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
kinetik
New

Newbie here!

Post by kinetik »

Hi guys, new to the forum and my polo. must say I love the way it drives around town. It is the classic model in 1800 guise.. From the bits I read, I believe it is uncommon over in the UK. Over here in SA it is a pretty common site. I have loads of questions of course but I think that can wait a while.. :D

Some for the moment though. I am interested in getting some aftermarket parts like some lexus style rears and angle eye fronts and maybe some rims..

The wheel arches seems a bit small , so I assume that 17" may not be the way to go.. unfortunately 16" is a bit few and far between around here. What is the "right" size tto use that gives the best balance?

And will the rear lights and fronts fit my polo or are they only for the hatch?

Another thing... I commute by bike to work and dont drive my car every day. If I do not start the car for a few days.. like 4 or more it turns over quite a few times before firing when I eventually do start it.. she runs 100% other than that though. Maybe a slight uneven idle after starting but as soon as I drive off and stop the uneven idle is gone..

Thanks for any feedback!

Image[/img]
brew1988
Getting There!

Post by brew1988 »

Lexus lights are a HUGE no no lol. Angel eyes are v.cool. I suggest u get some 15" wheels and lower it with the change ull have from not gettin 17" rims and the tyres to fit them, as for the starting problem its just your automatic choke, it adjusts the idle speed by sensing air temp etc. nothing to worry about although having to turn it over a few times may be dirty spark plugs or something, maybe get it serviced :) cheers brew.
char
Bronze Member

Post by char »

ello and welcome 8)

don't get lexus lights - waste of money
1litreheater
Silver Member

Post by 1litreheater »

yeah dont mention lexus lights one here mate lol they are not liked at all ! mainly because they are ugly !

I would go for 15's aswell as it is a comprimise between style and driving. You want your car to look good but you also want to car to drive good and 17's would decrease acceleration and make it feel a little loose aroun d the corners, after all cars are for driving !

Lower it 50 mm aswell and ur be pimpin 8

OH yeah, and welcome mate :P
kinetik
New

Post by kinetik »

lol thanks for the advice! I was thinking these lights at the rear

http://www.piecesauto-tuning.com/boutiq ... s_id=18413

or even these.. they say lexus but I like the blacked out back ground

http://www.piecesauto-tuning.com/boutiq ... s_id=15449

My question is though.. would they fit on my classic?

And yes I thought the 17" wheels would take tooo much effort to make fit properly. No problems with 16" rims experienced by anyone? I suppose they are alright as long as you stick to 205's and nothing wider?
polopowah
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

hello and welcome to the forum
i've never seen a 1800 mk4 polo before, top stuff!
Like the other lads are saying......steer clear from lexus lights, there are a few nice led and vag ones about (such as the mk4 (6n) 16v and mk5 (6n2) red ones)

-Ben-
kinetik
New

Post by kinetik »

Yes I gather that the 1800's are rare over there. I think, based on where it delivers it power, that it is only a "stroked" 1600 as it delivers peak power @ less rpm. It spits out 86kw (115hp) so it not too bad and because the gear ratio, here anyways, are not that much different from the 1600 she pulls nicely too.. Will try and find out what the engin's "number" is. Also could you plz post a pic or link to "vag" light you suggest..

thanks!
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

ah black stylee lexus lights dont look as abd it seems. I recall seeing them on somthign and thinking thats not too shabby, before the realisation came upon me and i had to purge my eyes with fire. That was fun... :roll:

I persoanlyl dont like LED lights full stop. I thikn theyre crud and taccy theyre like an expensive set of lexus ligths, ugly and just cheap looking!! I cant think of what lights to go for. Try blacking out the ones you have but maybe put some kind off origional pattern on them by masking out areas. I saw a guy with a micra who gave me the idea. damn that micra...

and welcome!

Chris,
vdubyabush
Silver Member

Post by vdubyabush »

stay away from lexus :wink: have a look on sites such as awesome gti for ideas of what styles you can get, also get perhaps 15inches and lower it that would look just as well as a massive set of 17s :lol:
Weedle
Silver Member

Post by Weedle »

Deffo stay away from the lexarse lights mate !! :? they are just ugly and
cheap looking as Lemeph said try maybe tinting them yrself with
tint spray
kinetik
New

Post by kinetik »

Thanks for the tips :D chaps! Anyone on the forum with a classic?
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

welcome to the forum

has anyone told u about lexus light yet :lol:
henry01
Silver Member

Post by henry01 »

welcome to the forum.....i save you the speech on lexarse lights lol

get 15's and slam it, will be awsome
Wingy16V
New

Post by Wingy16V »

Nice ride mate. I agree with the others on the lexus lights front, looks tacky IMO.

Welcome to the forum!

Karwing 8)