Removing interior

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
panda
Silver Member

Removing interior

Post by panda »

Anyone got any experiance of removing the interior panels (3dr) and I got the guide from mole about the front door cards. New alpine components ordered for the fronts and rears and I need to know how to remove the rear panel now. Any guides or advice? thanks.
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

From what I can remember as i know longer have a 3dr you lift the back seats up where there is a plastic pin, carefully ease this up with a flat headed screw driver.

I can't remember whether this was the polo or the lupo but check at the bottom of the from passenger seat belt (metal bar that the seat belt loops around by the floor) there maybe an indent where a screw maybe.... the more i think about it the more I think this was the lupo.

You'll have to remove the stip of plastic (same texture as the pannel) that runs along the passenger sill. then carefully pull at one edge of the pannel slowly working your way round. Note that the clips hold on strong and do take a bit of force. Also be warey that the clips do break easily but these can be replaced cheaply from vw or vagparts :wink:

That is all I think I can remember, any other questions you have feel free to drop me a pm. Hope I've been of help and please note it's been approx 1yr 1/2 since I've done this :wink:

(posted here as well as pm'd panda as it maybe of use to others :) )
panda
Silver Member

Post by panda »

the drivers side has bolts behind the window switch panel so what about the passenger side? Does that have bolts only along the bottom? or do I need to remove the handle bit?
poloecosse
Bronze Member

Post by poloecosse »

on the passengers front there are 2 small holes on the back of the black grab handle. put 2 small allen keys in these and push the plastic forward, it should come off and expose 2 bolts
panda
Silver Member

Post by panda »

Done it, installed alpine comps in the front doors and the rear panels. They're behind the door cars like the originals so the chavs cant see em to steal em :D thanks for all the help.
Rob123
Getting There!

Post by Rob123 »

hi, i was wondering if anybody knew how to remove the boot lid card? i unscrewed the screws in the handles of the card and prized a few clips away around the adges but it seems to not want to come any further? anyboyd have any experiance of this??
mc_iver_9n
Gold Member

Post by mc_iver_9n »

theres clips all around, you just have to unclip them all by prizing it away like you've done, but be careful not to break any. They should all unclip with a slight force and there easy to clip back in.
Rob123
Getting There!

Post by Rob123 »

yer i just managed to get it off, i went back with more determination and a flathead screw driver, all came off ok. but how do you get it back on!! the clips are impossible to go back on!!
mc_iver_9n
Gold Member

Post by mc_iver_9n »

I found it pretty easy just slight force n push them in :?
Rob123
Getting There!

Post by Rob123 »

the clips on the boot are like rly rly thin metal strips and go into slots on the card, and it seems impossible to slot them all back in. i just screwed it back on and hit it a couple of times, :lol: its not quite on right tho.