Not Best pleased!!!

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Jay's MK4, Euro Stylee!
Getting There!

Not Best pleased!!!

Post by Jay's MK4, Euro Stylee! »

On my way to work at bout 6:00am this morning, and for once i was not in a rush, so rather than booting it along the bypass at 80 sumthin and wacking it across the roundabout at around 50mph in the fast lane i was just trundling along calmly at about 45mph, how i wish i wasnt! i was driving over the traffic island in the outside lane when all of a sudden a pissing truck which was in the inside lane, with a whole empty lane between us (big 3 lane roundabout) suddenly decided to dash across 2 lanes into the lane i was in, without indicating! as we exited the roundabout. I had two choices; brake and get totally mullered and forced off the road or boot it and have my arse clipped, i chose the latter and here is the result!

It has also kerbed my rear passenger side alloy as it knocked the back of my carsideways into the kerb.
I didn't get the guys numberplate either, so im gonna have to shell out of my own pocket to have this repaired :evil: :( .

Jay
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

Ouch, shame you didn't get his reg but we don't all think like that at the time these things happen.
jason11
Platinum Member

Post by jason11 »

i feel sad for u their mate.

a woman reversed into me and only creased my bonnet and scratched my wing and that costing her 500quid so dono wat the price ya gonna be paying !!!

good luk though n ya will have to let me know

jason11
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

damn mate, feel for ya!!
hope u get it all sorted soon!
Alex_6n2
Gold Member

Post by Alex_6n2 »

At least you didn't take the stand on brakes option and acctually thought about what you were doing.

99% of drivers I know panic in those situations and their first reaction is to brake as hard as possible
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

thats a killer that is mate, feel for you there! hopefully its not going to be too costly
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

what a b!tch... you must be screwing...

Good luck in sorting it out tho...
1litreheater
Silver Member

Post by 1litreheater »

Im from leicester, what roundabout was it mate ?

the bypass near birstall ? i always get close calls on that roundabout

These days people just dont know how the use lanes !!!!
vdubyabush
Silver Member

Post by vdubyabush »

that sucks man, really sorry for you, hope u sort it asap!!
large
Getting There!

Post by large »

sheeet dude im quite gutted for ya! :(
Jay's MK4, Euro Stylee!
Getting There!

Post by Jay's MK4, Euro Stylee! »

Hi guys thanks for the sympathy, hopefully it shudnt cost too much to have put right, although i havent had a quote just yet. To me though, it looks as if the dent should just pull back out, it may require a little fettling into perfect shape again however. im not too worried about the paint cuz i was planning on having a full respray in the autumn anyhow.

1litreheater, i know its not exactly a by pass but it happened on the large round about on sour valley way at the Meridian business park, you know by Sytner BMW.

Cheers again guys, i needed a lil sympathy, my dad dint exactly give me none cuz he a trucker himself!
Il let y'all know what i get quoted,
Jay
paul007
Bronze Member

Post by paul007 »

i was £1500 through insurance for a new front wing and driver side re-spray, i would say u wouldnt be too shy of a grand....