my bumper / gti

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
vee_dub
New

my bumper / gti

Post by vee_dub »

i have recently cracked my front bumper on my mk4 1998 6n 1.6cl. i have seen a "VW Polo MK4 GTi Front Bumper" on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Polo-MK4-GTi-F ... dZViewItem

i was just wondering will this fit my car.
thanx, Adam
James14100
Bronze Member

Post by James14100 »

Looks like a 16v bumper. Not alot of people call our mk4's mk4's - they think its the mk3. Just email and ask for what year polo it would fit

James
James14100
Bronze Member

Post by James14100 »

Ok update

Just gave them a call for u it does fit :)

James
vee_dub
New

Post by vee_dub »

alright good stuff looks like i'll have to purchase one now, thanks for that james.
large
Getting There!

Post by large »

is there any thing avalible to put in the inserts apart from the grills????
Alex_6n2
Gold Member

Post by Alex_6n2 »

James14100 wrote:Looks like a 16v bumper. Not alot of people call our mk4's mk4's - they think its the mk3. Just email and ask for what year polo it would fit

James
That's because it is infact the mk3......

The UK mk system for polos isn't really correct
DScape
Bronze Member

Post by DScape »

Hey matey, I bought that same bumper off ebay from the same people...

To me, the untrained eye, it looks like the real deal and it's fully primered. I haven't tried it on, and I've had it a couple of months now :lol:

Reason for this is cause I want to get the grilles first, and from VagParts it adds up to more then the bumper was in the first place for some bastard grilles!

All in all though, the bumper is alright in my eyes, but then again I haven't tried it yet...can't see any obvious complications though. Delivery was quick and well packaged too.
large
Getting There!

Post by large »

DScape wrote:Hey matey, I bought that same bumper off ebay from the same people...

To me, the untrained eye, it looks like the real deal and it's fully primered. I haven't tried it on, and I've had it a couple of months now :lol:

Reason for this is cause I want to get the grilles first, and from VagParts it adds up to more then the bumper was in the first place for some bastard grilles!

All in all though, the bumper is alright in my eyes, but then again I haven't tried it yet...can't see any obvious complications though. Delivery was quick and well packaged too.

smooth it out they look the dogs!
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

or just get mesh and spray it black. Be cheaper and its err... weigth reduction.... :lol:

Chris,
DScape
Bronze Member

Post by DScape »

I'm tempted by both options!

It's definately getting sprayed when I get paid (woooo poetry)

LOL @ Weight reduction, well how can I not buy that eh!
James14100
Bronze Member

Post by James14100 »

Fill in the side grill mounts and just get the grill for the centre - job done. Result euro looking polo! :)

James
DScape
Bronze Member

Post by DScape »

James14100 wrote:Fill in the side grill mounts and just get the grill for the centre - job done. Result euro looking polo! :)

James
Aii, I've noticed that seems to be an in thing with valver bumpers...sounds a simple enough job for a bodyshop, shouldn't cost alot right?

Probably cheaper then getting the grilles and spraying them thinking about it :lol:
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

if you say so. spraying grills should probably cost about 30 quid maybe. filling in the spaces is gonna be a fibre glass job. Your gonna need someone with a brain to do it so make sure theyre good. Id spray it mainly because it was my suggestion. therefore better then everyone elses. :roll:

Though admittedly that look with the filled ends is smexy as hell.

Chris,
DScape
Bronze Member

Post by DScape »

LeMeph wrote:if you say so. spraying grills should probably cost about 30 quid maybe. filling in the spaces is gonna be a fibre glass job. Your gonna need someone with a brain to do it so make sure theyre good. Id spray it mainly because it was my suggestion. therefore better then everyone elses. :roll:

Though admittedly that look with the filled ends is smexy as hell.

Chris,
The good thing is that a couple of my mates work in bodyshops, so whichever option is cheap enough......it's just that I have no mates @ VAGParts :lol: So totalling up spraying 1 bought grille and smoothing the bumper, compared to spraying 5 bought grilles could work out the same cost wise.....maybe :lol:

I'm going to enquire about the smoothing, spraying the whole bumper is costing me £40.

Just waiting til payday now...this bumper has been an ornament in my room for a good couple of months! It was an impulse buy.
vee_dub
New

Post by vee_dub »

how much do you think it would to get smoothed off? or can you buy them smoothed already?