How much Polo does £1500 buy?

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
GAT
New

How much Polo does £1500 buy?

Post by GAT »

Greetings all, my first post. I stumbled accross the forum as it's finally time for me to buy a car and the Polo is what I've set my heart on.

The problem is I really don't have a clue what to expect for my ~£1250 - £1500 budget. Can anyone help with this?

Basically my early thoughts are the 1.4 CL. I know I don't want a light colour (white, turqoise, etc). Alloys would be nice.

Also can someone break down for me the difference between the L, CL, SE and any other editions of this MK there are?

Additionally, why does the VW site list what is described here as the MK4 as the MK3 here?

Any help clearing up these issues would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks!
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

vw are just weird!! lol

welcome to the site mate enjoy ur stay and theres always gonna be someone on here that will be able to help ya out!!

what we on here call the mk3 was actually a facelift of the mk2 i do believe! but its just easier to call it the mk3 to keep things simple!

so ur after a mk4!! £1250-£1500 should get u a nice clean example with a lot of service history hopefully! most specs of these polos excluded alloy wheels i do believe but u may be lucky!

ur 1.4CL will come with body colour bumpers, electric front windows (i only know about the 3dr), power steering and a couple of other nice little touches!

my g/f purchased a 1.4cl about 2 months ago from a guy on here for £1900 but it was worth more than that, it was only coz we knew him!!

check here http://www.autotrader.co.uk/

good luck with ur search!!
astirl2809
New

Post by astirl2809 »

There are some very good deals out there if you know what youre looking for. You will get alot of advice from this forum from choosing to repairing. The 1.4cl is a nice polo to start off with. Elec windows on the front only and C/L as standard. 8months ago i bought my wife's 1.4 cl off ebay (make sure you know what you are doing if you go down this route but bargains can be had) for £1100. P reg with full VW service history and only 32K on the clock. Few niggly things have needed fixing such as broken CL and it has just needed a new temp sender, but in all a fantastic price for a solid relliable car.

Good luck with your purchase.
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

mine only cost 750 with 50k on the clock :D

But it did need a new front end lol. All in all the car cost me about 1200 to get on the road and seems to be fairly solid now, except she needs a service but thats routine i guess.

Anyways happy hunting.

Chris,
martin9aj
Getting There!

£1500

Post by martin9aj »

Well id steer clear of the L range, just too basic, some dont even hav PAS!
(im gonna get shouted at by some owners now :wink: )

The CL is a good place too start as said before it has some nice extras.

The SE is definatly the best choice (on an N and P plate i think) youll get 16v front and rear bumpers, and would make a great 16v in guise. 8)

I doubt youd get a 16v for that money :cry:
Mk4Mexican
Bronze Member

Post by Mk4Mexican »

i picked up my P reg SE for £1400 and i love it, like martin9aj said, the best choice, as it is a nice 16 disguise!!

but hunting round just now i found a little treat!

1997 R Reg VOLKSWAGEN Polo 1.4 16V Spa Automotive 3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 65,000 miles, Red, MOT-07-2007, 2 Owners. ABS, Adjustable seats, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Central locking, Cloth upholstery, Colour coding - Interior, Driver .

check this link!!

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/ca ... =1&photo=1

if you can stretch to £1900, i reckon u wld get it!