Might be sellin my Polo.

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
Yonner Gti
New

Post by Yonner Gti »

Reeyad wrote:sorry if this is off topic where did you get your number plates made
My mate works for graffix Lab.

He makes my Plates. Got mine for free ;) Think he charges £20 - £25. u design a plate he will make it. Back ground, Border, logo, anything.
Yonner Gti
New

Post by Yonner Gti »

Reeyad wrote:sorry if this is off topic where did you get your number plates made
My mate works for graffix Lab.

He makes my Plates. Got mine for free ;) Think he charges £20 - £25. u design a plate he will make it. Back ground, Border, logo, anything.
Yonner Gti
New

Post by Yonner Gti »

DubGTI wrote:It's worth the same as a standard polo gti the same age, condition, mileage, the mods you have done will put most buyers off (especially the chip).

You may be lucky in finding a buyer that likes your car, appreciates the care you have taken with it, and therefore are prepared to pay a little more for it.

But most will steer clear, thats the way the cookie crumbles when it comes to car modding

Only worth what someone is willing to pay

Good call on the S3 tho, it's a proper car that :)
I agree about the chip mate but i dont wanna not tell them it not been chipped for insurance purposes. If they right it off then i would feel Guilty.
Only had chip done to get rid of the lag in the car.

Been quoted £1100 for my insurance on the S3.

My Mates tellin me keep the polo and Turbo it! i know its costly but you dont see many Turbo,d.
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

I have a feeling Saj on here is possibly the only one in the country running a GTi Turbo.
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

A lot :lol:

I think it cost him a fair few grand, although it's something unique.
1 GTI
Silver Member

Post by 1 GTI »

Thanks for the info mate, really appreciate it. Another quick question id like to ask, how much worse is the fuel economy after it's been chipped? Im not looking forward to hearing this, lol. Cheers
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

Nice polo, but instead of getting an S3, why not do what I did, get a A3 1.8T, get it chipped and it will be good for 210bhp. It weights 1150kg, and the S3 weights 1450kg, mine would rape a S3 and cost half the money :).

Just a suggestion :)
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

Wasn't your audi 1.8t on ebay not long ago? or was there a change of mind?
Dangerous Dave
Silver Member

Post by Dangerous Dave »

PhilGTi wrote:Nice polo, but instead of getting an S3, why not do what I did, get a A3 1.8T, get it chipped and it will be good for 210bhp. It weights 1150kg, and the S3 weights 1450kg, mine would rape a S3 and cost half the money :).

Just a suggestion :)
Going slightly off topic but the older A3s only have a ko3 turbo which is only good for about 190bhp ish chipped (KO3Ss are good for 220-230ish and came in around 2000 onwards). A chipped S3 would leave a chipped A3 for dead, with 4 wheel drive the S3 would have no trouble putting down 280bhp it gets from a remap in the wet or dry.

I've driven a chipped Leon 1.8T (basically a A3 even has the same dash) to 220bhp and a standard S3. The S3 still had it top end even chipped the smaller turbo'd engine tails off high up the revs where the bigger turbo'd S3 keeps pulling all the way.
moynas
Silver Member

Post by moynas »

Audi S3's run ko4 turbos if im correct!! 210bhp-225bhp depending on year!!

I think it would be fair to say a standard S3 wouldn't get beaten by a chipped A3!! Even with 4 wheel drive bhp loss!!

My bros cupra R biza puts out 180bhp with a k03, the turbo spoils nicely with a slight tail off in the higher rev range!! but thats due to the forge replacement turbo pipe!! (helps the air feed)

I would even say my bros biza would beat a chipped A3!
Dangerous Dave
Silver Member

Post by Dangerous Dave »

moynas wrote:Audi S3's run ko4 turbos if im correct!! 210bhp-225bhp depending on year!!
Yip they have a k04 turbo they also run a bigger 3" air intake, bigger injectors and twin side mount intercoolers compared to the single on the ko3 & ko3s engines.
DubGTI
Bronze Member

Post by DubGTI »

The S3's a very upmarket understated car, and a fast car straight out of the factory

No NEED to modify, it's sweet just as it is

Reading stuff like this puts me right off modifying cars

http://www.mazdarotaryclub.com/forums/s ... 074&page=1
Yonner Gti
New

Post by Yonner Gti »

1 GTI wrote:Thanks for the info mate, really appreciate it. Another quick question id like to ask, how much worse is the fuel economy after it's been chipped? Im not looking forward to hearing this, lol. Cheers
I didnt notice a fuel change at all. I have always run mine on Optimax. Get it chipped mate u will like it :D