Jump in bhp?

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
Mk2Adam
Platinum Member

Jump in bhp?

Post by Mk2Adam »

sorry wildchild lol, i saw your thread on CP and thought it related to me too so theived it.

i currently drive a 45bhp mk2 polo and i'm soon to purchase a 159bhp G40, obviously that's a big increase and i've never driven a car like that before.

has anyone had any experiences like that e.g big bhp increases and how you coped with the change?

i think i'm a good driver and i'm not gonna be risking anything till i've got the hang of it or i WILL die :lol:
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

I went from 60bhp to 125bhp...the power change was alright, just take it steady at the start till your used to the car etc!

I want more now though :twisted:
James14100
Bronze Member

Post by James14100 »

The first powerful car I got to drive was about 6months after passing my test when my dad sold his 911 - he let me drive it and was s**t myself but after a couple of miles i was used to it and all was fine from then on - no silly speeds or silly cornering but a big step up from what i was used to.

Just take it steady, i have a G40 and i was used to what its like after about 15-20mins.

James
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

I went from a 38bhp 998cc Mini to my (then) 125bhp 1598cc GTi - quite a leap not only in performance but also in refinement and creature comforts! :lol:

Just take it easy really - it took me a few weeks to start overtaking in Polo-sized gaps instead of much lengthier Mini-sized gaps :lol:
mk4_bandit
Getting There!

Post by mk4_bandit »

first car that i drove was a peugeot 205 1.9 gti, which was made out of kit kat foil :shock: so from going from nothing to that was scarey, they fly,

just take it easy dont do anything stupid untill you get to grips with the car, trust me mate you'll love it :wink:
rolo
New

Post by rolo »

Hi, Don't worry, simply keep your right foot connected to your brain and all will be well. Enjoy.
Rolo
Giorgio
Silver Member

Post by Giorgio »

erm 55bhp mk3 into a 130bhp mini cooper s

and back into my car the 1272cc beast :roll:
omicron
Gold Member

Post by omicron »

Basically, handle with care. Get some miles in in all conditions before you try to find out what it'll actually do, or let your mates in the car.
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

I actually downgraded from my dads mondeo (what ever bhp that had) to my 8v 60bhp...

But dont worry...you'll be fine... as said above just take it easy at the start...
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

i went from a 50bhp 1l polo to a 180bhp leon cupra!!

but now i'm in a 130bhp ibiza sport!! weirdly it has ther same bhp as the difference between the first 2!!

just take it steady, get used to how the car hadles and make sure the brakes work properly!! u'll be fine!!