my new toys have arrived!

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
logistix
Silver Member

Post by logistix »

here they are. rear number plate:

and the cold cathode kit. I don't know why it looks so dark, it's actually much brighter in reality:

dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

Number plate light looks very bright, might get a set myself.
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

I've just ordered 3 of These Dino, 2 for my numberplate lights and one for my boot light
Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

Just wondering, what are cold cathods? Are they similar to neons?
logistix
Silver Member

Post by logistix »

Biddle wrote:Just wondering, what are cold cathods? Are they similar to neons?
they are similar to neons but instead of the neon gas they have a wire through them, so different principles really.

update: today I prepared the wiring looms for the gauges:

all the grounds will be connected to a common ground point. The positive cable for the LED's will be connected to the light dimmer output. The voltmeter and oil pressure gauges are electrical so their positive terminals will be connected to a switched power terminal.
Buzby
Sponsor

Post by Buzby »

Seeing your gauge setup, has made me want to put some in my car, ive got a gauge panel from my mk2 golf gti, Ive just got to get some gauge's now.. :lol: ebay here I come..
samil87
Silver Member

Post by samil87 »

any new updates?
logistix
Silver Member

Post by logistix »

hey guys
i had a nervous breakdown while installing my FK headlights last sunday. turns out one of the 3 plastic adjustment knobs is broken in each headlight. also the idiots printed the manual wrong about LHD / RHD light adjusting metal piece. and if thats not enough the high beam on the FK headlights is designed for H7 although it writes H1 on the plastic on the back of the headlight! and lastly, the power cable from the ballast to the headlight was too short so it pulled down on the plastic seal behind the headlight.
so now i will remove the bumper once again, take away the lights, adjust the metal piece for LHD, make the ballast wires longer, and somehow fix the broken adjustment knob. if everything goes ok and if my mental health is not shattered once again i will take pics after the weekend.
moral of the story is : don't buy FK lights, they might come with broken adjustment mechanisms.

take care
AKs_SlickPolo
Gold Member

Post by AKs_SlickPolo »

I got the FK black angeleyes about a month ago and they are perfect :D . I have not had any problems with them at all. My adjusters are all fine as I had a garage to adjust the beams. The wiring loom was long, infact it was a bit too long.

As far as I remember the metal rod is 'up' for RHD or 'down' for LHD. Only thing I had was that the casing said H1 for highbeam, but H7s fit fine.

They have 2 years warranty on them, probably best to get them exchanged where you bought them from. Might have just been been from a faulty batch or something mate :idea:
vwclub.gr
Bronze Member

Post by vwclub.gr »

I had the same proble as logistix and a friend of mine also.

As for the harness, Logistix means the cables which come from the ballast so this doesn't have to do with the headlsight.