Standard Headunit connectors

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Standard Headunit connectors

Post by shantybeater »

Can anyone help? I don't want to change the headunit from the standard one as it looks so purty in the dark :lol: does anyone know if it has red & white phono connections so I can bung my ipod in, just bought a tape converter & the sound is terrible.

Any Ideas?
thedees1
Sponsor

Re: Standard Headunit connectors

Post by thedees1 »

shantybeater wrote:Can anyone help? I don't want to change the headunit from the standard one as it looks so purty in the dark :lol: does anyone know if it has red & white phono connections so I can bung my ipod in, just bought a tape converter & the sound is terrible.

Any Ideas?
Off the top of my head i dont think it has but someone else will confirm, i only had it out 3 days ago but cant remember
way_z
Silver Member
Drives: 6n2 1.4 TDI

Post by way_z »

you could try a desion ipod connection, it connects through the CD changer socket of the standard headunit and gives out crystal clear cd quaility sound! plus u can skip through tracks and playlists using your headunit forward/rewind buttons and it charges your ipod at the same time! i got mine with a dock so it sits neatly on my dash but i think they only have docks for the older ipods not the new ones... otherwise u can get the lead on its own which is cheaper too. i'll try post a pic of my setup soon, check out their site...dension.com
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

thanks for the help, i'l check it out
D-Dub
Bronze Member

Post by D-Dub »

I think VW do something so you can connect your ipod. It's like £150 odd though
shantybeater

Post by shantybeater »

D-dub where do you get your front red grill lining from? i've been looking for that for ages!
thedees1
Sponsor

Post by thedees1 »

shantybeater wrote:D-dub where do you get your front red grill lining from? i've been looking for that for ages!

Either paint it on, or just apply some red insulting tape . Thats really the only ways to get it
D-Dub
Bronze Member

Post by D-Dub »

It's halfords "stripe" red tape. I only put it on to see if it looked good. Since it does i will eventually get it sprayed