how stupid is this lad lol

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
jason11
Platinum Member

how stupid is this lad lol

Post by jason11 »

a m8 crashed his clio the other day and it was classed as written of so he decided to sell it a spares, he took the alloys and cd player out and sold the actual car for 50quid how stupid is he all that was wrong was the font really such as bonnet headlights not that bad !!!

wat a muppet dnt u fink lol
PeteJ
Bronze Member

Post by PeteJ »

well it may have cost him more than the worth of the car to fix it. and also if its been written off, its unlikely he'll ever make that money back try to resell it after a fix..
when i was car hunting last i spoke to alot of people who were selling seemingly mint cars but had been written off cat 3 i think, so very minor but i wouldnt touch it after i heard that.

but he could have at least straightened it out and driven it round a field!
omicron
Gold Member

Post by omicron »

Clio owner - enough said.
Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

omicron wrote:Clio owner - enough said.
Haha my misses just got a clio been back to the garage like 4 times in 2 weeks so far :shock: I told her to go V-Dub, but her mother knew best :roll:
PeteJ
Bronze Member

Post by PeteJ »

i never get why people bash french cars, i had a pug 106 as my first car it was mint, the only probs i had with it were the rear drums burst after about 50k (just wear and tear) and a cambelt change. my missus has the same year car and nothing has ever, ever gone wrong.

as for vw's they're a fine machine! but if you buy an old vw its just as bad as an old clio.. or anything :)

sorry totally off topic!

not avin' a go at anyone, just sayin :)
and as for clio as if anyone would turn down a v6 :) :) :)
polo power
Gold Member

Post by polo power »

i wouldnt turn down the widow maker lol
Dee-vub
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Dee-vub »

Biddle wrote:
omicron wrote:Clio owner - enough said.
Haha my misses just got a clio been back to the garage like 4 times in 2 weeks so far :shock: I told her to go V-Dub, but her mother knew best :roll:
Mothers always think they know best eh......does my nut in. I told my girlfirends mum that i might be getting a corrado and she basically just laughed in my face (after i told her what it was :roll: ) and said it's an old car, it'll just break down! I was like, what??? what the hell you on about, you didnt even know what the hell it was 2 minutes ago.....so how the hell would you know its a corrado! But she knew all!!! It WILL break down accordin to her! I felt like kickin her square in the lamb chops!!! :x
Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

Yeah I no the feeling, expert's in everything :wink: Apparently :lol:
omicron
Gold Member

Post by omicron »

PeteJ wrote:i never get why people bash french cars
Because they break if you look at them too hard, and fold up if you have the slightest knock.
PeteJ wrote:and as for clio as if anyone would turn down a v6 :) :) :)
Actually, not majorly convinced.

Give me something German or Japanese any day.
PeteJ
Bronze Member

Post by PeteJ »

¬_¬

if you want a car that breaks when you look at it, buy a corrado.
i have one on my drive, and if you ask any corrado owner they'll tell you its a labour of love.

worth it, good looking car, goes well.

i wasnt saying i would generally own a french car, but there are exceptions though i totally agree about the bodies, like tinfoil.

as for the clio v6 non convincing.. meh i likes it, even if it does surrender in corners and you have to stash a baby under the bonnet, and can only put kippers in the boot. :P
gina
Getting There!

Post by gina »

I don't like clio's, just the shape doesn't do it for me!

I had a Pug 205 for my 1st car, brilliant it was, mint condition 1 owner, very low mileage, then I wrote it off - what a crumpled mess that was!

Now back to my German cars, on my 2nd Polo now and had a Merc, can't beat 'em!!
James0121
Bronze Member

Post by James0121 »

Well i went from my polo to a clio 182 and havent had any problems with it. The buid quality isnt as good as the polo but i bought it because it was quick. I have to say it is fun to drive and for what you get for your money is good.
Dee-vub
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Dee-vub »

PeteJ wrote:¬_¬

if you want a car that breaks when you look at it, buy a corrado.
i have one on my drive, and if you ask any corrado owner they'll tell you its a labour of love.

worth it, good looking car, goes well.
WTF are you on mate.....you see loads of corrado's with over 200k miles on it and still run sweet as a nut!!! Corrado's are genuinely reliable.

You tell me many other cars that will happily surpass 200k!!!
omicron
Gold Member

Post by omicron »

The think with Corrados is they tend to get abused, so there's a lot of knackered ones about.
kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

i have to dissagree, just cause a car is old, DOES NOT BY N E MEANS MEAN ITS UNRELIABLE. (unless its a ford) my mum has a polo which is about 10 years old i think, its an n reg, and she has never had a problem with it. ive even drove it and it is so smooth, it makes silk look rough.

i seen loads of corrados round, seem to be running well to me.

i had 2 fords within 2 years and both were nightmares.

now clio's, my friend has one of them, if its still running, and he told me hes got so much wrong with it. cant remember wat it is tho.

another thing, many of the older cars seem to be lasting years, some even out living the newer cars. my polo is 4 years younger then my mums and i've had more probs with my polo then she has her polo.