1.4TDI or 1.9TDI?

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
jrw
Silver Member

Post by jrw »

Oh yes, definately go for 1.9tdi too!

I have driven 1.4tdi's too and although there is not much power difference it is a much better ride and power band. I always seemed to struggle overtaking in the 1.4tdi which I had on the many occasions mine was in the dealer!

1.9 EVERYTIME!!!!!
GT/TDI
New

Post by GT/TDI »

I agree, I test drove a 1.4TDI and although I came away impressed. my 1.9TDI leaves me with a smile on my face. Depends what you want from a car.
emzino
Getting There!

Post by emzino »

jrw wrote:
dino wrote:If the chrome grille means that much to you then you can buy them from VW or VAG Parts for the 9n - it's a dead easy job too.

If it's a sport model it will definatley have all the leather bits and sports seat's. :)
If it is Pre August 02 it will not have ny leather bits!

I know this as my Dad has one and I looked into this as I thought it was strange as my 03 plate did when I had it.

Also no 6cd changer pre 03 just a single slot.

Hope this helps
Ahh I see. I read up on the old posts and I think the 6CD Changers have faults with it such as not reading the CD or skipping etc. Is this true? Does it read MP3's?

lol and yes I have decided to get a 1.9TDI. Saw one on autotrader, £4800, 40k, blue, 1.9TDI Sport but it's sold :cry: I love that blue colour as well.
Gonna have to wait more now, theres hardly any 1.9TDI Sports on autotrader! Only like 3-4 and I don't know where else to look.

But yea I will be going for the 1.9TDI Sport, just worried about the Suspension knocking fault :roll: and I think MAF sensor is also a common fault?
Rus872k3
New

Post by Rus872k3 »

Go for the 1.9Tdi, there quick as it is :D

And then get it remapped :P
And a DumpValve :P
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

Rus872k3 wrote:And then get it remapped :P
And a DumpValve :P
remap.......yes
dump valve.........NO, makes no difference whatso eva and would sound s**t on a diesel!!
Gra-GT
Gold Member

Post by Gra-GT »

emzino wrote:Ahh I see. I read up on the old posts and I think the 6CD Changers have faults with it such as not reading the CD or skipping etc. Is this true? Does it read MP3's?
I've never had any probs with my changer (except the illumination loom came off, so the lights were'nt coming on, but that was easy enough to fix), no skipping or anything. No problem reading any copied CD's either

No they dont play MP3's
emzino
Getting There!

Post by emzino »

Well I will be definitely getting a remap. I think it's better to get custom code (something like that I read), it'll be made for the car specifically.

I wouldn't get a Dump Valve anyway. They only suit cars that come with them as standard such as the Supra otherwise I don't think it belongs in the Polo. Just personal opinion :)

As for the CD Changer, not a problem if I don't get it as standard, i'd want to get something that plays MP3's but I want to keep it original VW unit.
Is there a VW Unit that has a CD Changer AND plays MP3's? Maybe from the MK7?