Anti-roll bar bushes

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
alanred
Getting There!

Anti-roll bar bushes

Post by alanred »

No doubt some of you out there have had to replace these at some stage, can anyone tell me the part numbers of these bushes please
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

just had these replaced on the ibiza, don't worry they are not expensive, mine cost £1.94 a side!! which i was quite pleased about :D

if no one can get u the part number then ask vag parts and get the part numbers off them!
panda
Silver Member

Post by panda »

there is a revised bar and bushes. My mounts on the bar sheared off (bad design, hence the revision)
All in all cost me £50 for parts, fitted it myself, wouldnt do it again though, absolute pain
alanred
Getting There!

Post by alanred »

Many thanks for the replies.
So i need the anti-roll bar and the bushes from the main stealer ?The person on the phone at Vw Uk claimed he had no knowledge of any modifed bushes or bar ?........muppet.
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.
AKs_SlickPolo
Gold Member

Post by AKs_SlickPolo »

The part numbers of the modified bushes will be the same as the originals, just a letter at the end will differ. If you ask your local VW parts they will tell you the latest part.

I've got the part numbers. But won't be any use to you as they differ between 1.2s, 1.4s and the diesels and mine are of the 1.4.

I was told its my ARB bushes, but it wasn't them, infact i still have the original factory fit bushes and ARB and all noises dissappeared when coilovers were fitted.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

ANTI ROLL BARS

Post by RUM4MO »

Gurrrrr, I've just had the usual broken plastic collars on my wife's 2002 1.4SE Polo. It cost £240 to replace the bar, links and mountings. I just bought the parts, disconnected the links and mounts - then thought - how do I realign this lot - ie the complete lower frame etc? I made a good choice (I think) and fitted all the bits back on, stopped the bar moving by fitting TWO jubilee clips and bookd it in. Two hours labour and job's done. These cars have enough suspension alignment problems already causing tyre uneven wear to add in any more. Its a DIY job if you make up indexing threaded dowels to replace every removed lower frame bolt - and take care of the steering rack - but I didn't have time. The newer bars are fitting with metal collars. If you see any rusty muck on your antiroll bar beside the two rubber mounting points then you are getting close to needing the antiroll bar replaced. Not one of VAG's better designs, as soon as the original bar starts to shear off its plastic covering - which it will as its a sort of torsion device, then the plastic collars have lost a lot of their locating "fixing" a off they come.