Suspension Sqeeks

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
alanred
Getting There!

Suspension Sqeeks

Post by alanred »

I know this has been covered and my apologies for bringing it up again but i can't find any simple answer as to what i should say to my local stealers about this problem.
The suspension and wheels have not been modded in any way.
I know the brakes are due for renewal.
It's only done 43k.
I'm getting sqeeking noises from what sounds like all 4 corners of the car.
It sounds worse when cornering but i think this one is brake related, could be the brake hubs on rear.
Vw want £111.00 for front brake pad replacement :shock: surely i can get it done cheaper than this ?
I was thinking of letting Vw do the brakes and tell them about the creaking suspension at the same time so they can give me a quote on it....has anyone any idea on what it will cost for them to replace the bushes with the modded ones, i've got no warranty.
Imagine if Vw had made this a recall...they would be bankrupt real soon.
If only everything in life was as un-reliable as a Volkwagen !

Thanks.

P.s. I need to know the part no's of the bushes that need replacing, there's 26 different ones, the dealer wants £88 to tell me whats needed, they call it a diagnostic check, even turpin wore a mask !
Vw uk have virtually washed their hands of me, no help there.
If i can get the Part No of the bushes i need to buy i can get it done somewhere else......never again will i own a vw, I'm disgusted.

Any help at all would be most appreciated.
M7
Gold Member

Post by M7 »

they might do the bushes after the warrenty as its a known fault on the polo's
brake pads are about £35 and not too difficult to fit. a get them off euro car parts and at worst get a local garage to do them for you
alanred
Getting There!

Post by alanred »

Thanks for the reply M7.
I was on the phone to Vw Uk yesterday for nearly an hour. The reason for not offering anything towards the cost was...
1. My driving Style.
2. Speed Bumps.
3. Where i live in the country.
I told him i have been driving for 22 years, i've owned all sorts of different cars, old and new and never once have i ever had to change suspension parts due to failure...fact.
He said i must have been very lucky, i asked him if he has ever had to do it....he said no.
He thought it was normal for a 4 yr old car to have to have these bushes replaced.
Although he did say there might be some financial help from them if the Bushes were proven to be faulty due to a manufacturing error, how exactly could i prove this ?....not easy.
As for why they didn't ring me back 6 months ago like they promised with regard to the vehicle engine cutting out.
They said that case is now closed and they instructed G.Lawton (dealer) to write to me to confirm this.........no letter arrived and no phone call was recieved.
To be honest if thats there idea of customer service then they can stick it.
It's anything but there fault and their willing to watch potential buyers walk away, not very good business logic is it.
At the Dealers i got it from it seems they are only interested in selling new cars, anyone else is treated like something they stepped in.

As for the polo i still need to find the Front anti-roll bar bushses Part No's and a rough guide as to what this is going to cost me.
Dont need it right on top of christmas.

Thanks
M7
Gold Member

Post by M7 »

i would still speak to your garage directly though as it is a common fault. check old posts in here
a tip though, dont speak to the person on the desk, the most you get out those is ''computer sez no''
speak to a mechanic, preferably the head mechanic. they know about cars! they can tell you what the common faults on cars are
i had mine lowered and still managed to get the bushes done on warrenty as they failed
alanred
Getting There!

Post by alanred »

Thanks for the reply M7. My warranty ran out back in August i can't see them doing me any favours to be honest. Might be worth a try hanging round the back of the dealers to see if i can collar someone, i'll give it go. Even though VW released a replacement set of bushes according to Vw Uk there was nothing wrong with the original set........why go to all the expense of replacing them then ?
Total liars.
Cheers
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Suspension squeeks

Post by RUM4MO »

I complained about this back in February 2003 - just 4 months after (importing) buying the car, I called it "mooing" and saw it mentioned elsewhere (can't remember where) - but absolutely no joy. Now this month at 34000 miles, one of the antiroll bar collars has walked out - see my other posting. If you supply the parts people with your reg and/or VIN they will know what size your bar is - 1.2 & 1.4 (75) are both 18MM. I think that VW have lost their way, or at least are just trading on their previous successful periods - but they are not alone there - its called progress!