Window trouble.

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
portopolo
New

Window trouble.

Post by portopolo »

Can anyone help? My driver side switch will not put the windows down. If you pull the switch up you can hear the motor working to try and put them up but nothing going down. The other side works fine.

I think I need a new switch question is how hard is it to do yourself? I think my biggest problem is getting the door card off without breaking the thing. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would appreciated.

Cheers Neil
D-Dub
Bronze Member

Post by D-Dub »

Had a similar problem with mine. Window would go part way up and then go back down on it's own. It's a common problem, the nylon clip on the regulator snaps. I bought a regulator for mine but it turned out that my motor was lazy aswel so i needed to get a motor too. Cost me a small fortune, but hey window works great now :lol:
djiinn
New

Re: Window trouble.

Post by djiinn »

portopolo wrote:
I think I need a new switch question is how hard is it to do yourself? I think my biggest problem is getting the door card off without breaking the thing.
Hey mate. The switch is a piece of p*** to change. just prize the hole unit out of the drivers door then un-clip the switch from the unit. Takes 5 minutes. Dont take the door card off.
neilw
Gold Member

Post by neilw »

Mines doing the same thing (can hear motors but nothing happens). Is your central locking switch or electric mirror adjusters working? mine are not so im guessing in my case changing the switch wont make any difference.

Must be a problem isolated to polo gti owners called Neil :lol:
Luke'sGti
Silver Member

Post by Luke'sGti »

it's a long shot but try holding the "up" switch for approximately 10 seconds then try putting the window down again. Mine were playing up a while since - and this seemed to reset them (engine running). Worth a try before you have to start pulling panels off. Hope this helps...sorry if it doesnt.
tja198a
New

Post by tja198a »

check the wires from door to car mine had snaped! so check that aswell!