Can i have some opinions please?

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
olop_chris
Sponsor

Can i have some opinions please?

Post by olop_chris »

I really want some 14" wheels on the olop G40, and i want to lower it asap with front and rear strut braces (these are my first mods).

Im thinking of going 40/40 ... as i want fairly wide wheels and don't want any rubbing so im thinking 40 should improve the handeling a fair bit without scrubbing.

Can someone suggest some good wheels for my car? or suggest any websites for me (apart from dubmeister, been on there looking already).

Also Sally if you're reading...How do you think i can get rid of the creaky steering wheel problem? abit of the ol' WD40?

Cheers
pettsy

Post by pettsy »

14" steelies till the summer 8)
mk1 g40
New

wheels

Post by mk1 g40 »

friend of mine selling a set of deep dish 14s look realy nice. there advertised on mk1 gti forum. pm me and i will leave his number
chears
sally_healey
Bronze Member

Post by sally_healey »

Something nice and retro - some deep dish spokey BBS's highly polished???

40mm won't make a vast difference on a G as they're already lower than a standard mk3 coupe, wht don't you tey 60mm at the front & 40mm at the rear?

If I were you I'd invest in a front lower strut brace too, my new mk3 & my bro's new G (grunges old one :) ) have both got them & it's stiffened the car up quite a lot really - quite easy to fit as well - a lot easier than a gti one!

Where you getting your upper and rear from - is it one of Geds?

Try removing the cowling & seeing what is catching - could just be something in there or just muck & stuff.
olop_chris
Sponsor

Post by olop_chris »

They are Geds yeah, but Its just upper rear for the time being now. cheers for the tip about the lower front though! will consider it.

I would like to go 60/40 but then i'll get pissed off with scrubbing and catching with any wheels over 6j im guessing!
sally_healey
Bronze Member

Post by sally_healey »

It's definitely worth it :-)

Hoping I get Ged's soon, can't wait to stiffen up a bit more!