My 6N, Dutch style of course

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Petrol_Head
Silver Member

Post by Petrol_Head »

did you pollish the engine cover your self? Or did you buy it?
SteveB
Silver Member

Post by SteveB »

Polished it himself by the looks of this picture:

It's quite a common thing to do yourself.
Petrol_Head
Silver Member

Post by Petrol_Head »

i pressumed you would have to dip it into a chrome liquid which would then solidify and create that look??? i dont know why... but i thought it would have to deal with hot tempreatures so it would not be possible to do it yourself????

If im wrong??? very possible.... then... let me know what you have to do.... cos im defo doing that to my car!!!
tupac2makaveli71
Silver Member

Post by tupac2makaveli71 »

buy a polishing kit (google it) then paint strip it, sand it down untill 800grit, then get the polishing mops out, dont know which order but i think theres white and blue, you do it with a drill, then autosol it (metal polish) labourous work. . . takes ages
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Thanks for the compliments everyone!
Dee-vub wrote:Jarno, where did you get the polished rear stabiliser??
It's an FK one, advantage is that it is adjustable in stifness

And about the polishign, did it all myself, took me just couple of hours (around 4 to be exact). Clean it properly, then grind it down, starting from grid 240 up to about 1500, then start using a polishing kit (mines has 3 blocks and discs). And after some work you will have it lookin' like a mirror. And it aint that much or hard work though ;)
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

And made an appointment this morning, the mk4 will be visiting the garage on Friday the 13th ( :roll: ) to get the 4-2-1 exhaustmanifold an Supersprint Rally-decat-muffler fitted. Hope to see a nice increase in BHP and Torque after that 8)
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

This afternoon I decided to start on refurbing my GTI's

This is how the rims looked like at the start :(

After some good cleaning for about 2 hours this was the result:

Much better ey? 8)

then started the polishing of the rims/edges:

Shines like a mirror 8)

Below the polished edge with the heart laid in, above the only washed edge:

Close-up:

2 done, 2 to go!

JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Finished polishing the edges of my BBS GTI's 2day 8)

Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

Looking good mate. I love your car, you mentioned before you may be giving it a colour change. Any colour in mind?
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Biddle wrote:Looking good mate. I love your car, you mentioned before you may be giving it a colour change. Any colour in mind?
Thanx for the compliments m8 :D Dunno know exactly yet, but it's gonna be darker then now, thinking of some darkgreyish or dark purple-ish kind of colour.

Or something screaming, copperbrown like, really haven't got q clue yet, but want something "original" that draws attention, but not in the negative way, if u understand what i mean :lol:
Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

Yeah I no what you mean mate, you want something that goes with the styling of the car and people look at and think "very nice" not some colour which just makes it blend in with the crowd. Im sure whatever you chose it will look awesum. :D
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Biddle wrote:Yeah I no what you mean mate, you want something that goes with the styling of the car and people look at and think "very nice" not some colour which just makes it blend in with the crowd. Im sure whatever you chose it will look awesum. :D
u understand me m8 ;)

But I need some help though, really can't seem 2 make up my mind 'bout some things:

-first of all I want to change the entire front, the bad-boy bonnet is commin' off, you can see the where the welding took place in sunlight, so back comes the original bonnet. But I want a new frontbumper with it, narrowed my choice down to two options:

1-the Lumma frontbumper:

(without all the crap on this picture, no red splitter, no headlightmask, just keep it clean and simple)

2-the DSP Audi S4-look frontbumper:

What to do!?!??! :? I want to get a more "oem/clean/refined" look, not to screaming anymore, away with the 2F2F-look, I really start gettin' annoyed by al those cops holding me over thinking I'm some streetracer anymore :evil:

And then the next problem: THE COLOUR!

Here's some colours I picked already:

Seat Delhired:

Seat Shadowgrey:

Toyota Ashgrey:

Toyota Aubergine Red:

(yes, I just love grey's and red's :roll: :lol: )

I'm open to ANY suggestions people, help the poor Dutch geezer out over here! 8) :lol:
Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

I like the second set of bumpers best, and with regards to colour I go with one of the reds, I think the toyota one would look really good on a polo.
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

For me personally it would be the DSP Audi S4-look bumper, and in terms of colour I'm quite liking the Toyota Ashgrey.
Black16v
Bronze Member

Post by Black16v »

That aubergine colour would look really original and pretty f*cking awesome on a polo i reckon!!!