Hey Guys, new car...

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
polo boi
Gold Member

Hey Guys, new car...

Post by polo boi »

Hey all

im sure sum of u remember me an the wee red dub that got smashed :x
but anyways time past an u know ended up with a corsa which no doubt i knew was s**t an yes it proved me right as the ECU packed in, so i scraped that an found myself a little sutle clio, sum of u will be like oh my god, geta life, but as a dub fan, im happy enuf with the result an really i needed a dam car!
let me know wot sum of yas think as off the subject of dubs :)
Last edited by polo boi on Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

Ill tell you what i think....

i think your link is broken :roll:
polo boi
Gold Member

Post by polo boi »

lol dude i was still loadin up pics
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

haha ah fair enough then lol.

Ahh not bad. Liking the rimmidge. What engine we looking at here? 1.2 16v? If so theyre pretty nippy. Mate used to have one, do 120 you know.

Everyone knocks clios but i really dont think theyre that bad of a little car. I like the interiors and whilst the newer ones are ugly i dont think anyone can deny theyre pretty practically well thought out atleast.

My main experience coming from the mk1 clios and the one above yours (mk3??!?!?), cant really judge on yours in that respect having never been in one. But cant be that much difference surely?

NEEDS DECKING NOW!!!! lol.
polo boi
Gold Member

Post by polo boi »

yea man, the interior is special, an really good bucket seats, yea its a 1.2 16v an u said it, its nippy as hell, just takes off, i was quite shocked on how quick it was, but 1 thing, im really enjoyin it an i have a few things that i will be moddin,
1. lowered, not sure how low yet, maybe just 40mm coz there 16'' rims
2. sporty back-box
3. spoiler

yea mine wud be the mk2, i think its very euro lookin the front end, barley any grill, its smooth an i love it :lol:
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

spoiler.... ooo... id advise against that personally but hey its your car. Spoilers on hatchbacks just make me angry lol. Saying that... spoilers on anything upset me lol.

They are quite nice looking cars i will admit. The ligths are a bit iffy with me but the rest fo tis pretty kool. Mate of mine has a kitted up one thinking about it (well i say mate, havnt spoke to him since he sold me a dodgy radio :evil: )

That thing had a big ol bodykit, was two tone orang and black and had 16's. It was alright. just damn impractical. Anyway back to your car lol

One thign i will say with the clio is when you get a backbox get a smallish one. if you put to big a one on there it just sounds like its drowning. That guy with the orange and black one ahs two 5 inchers on it and it sounds horrible. II also know a girl with a white one that ahs a twin pipe single backbox and whilst thats ok its still nto a straight sounding thing.

A 3 or 4 inch single exit is probably your best bet imo. Still keep us informed of what you do to it, even if im the only one who is interested id still like to know lol.
polo boi
Gold Member

Post by polo boi »

yea thats kool, i will keep ya posted, im glad sum1 worte back, lol
i was thinkin of a smallish backbox anyway, i just want summit that hums up the road not summit thats sings like its in a choir service, lol
ill keep ya posted bud :)
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

good good. Itll make a change too see someone sensible behind the modding of a clio lol. Theyre becoming quite the chavs choice round ere unfortunately :?
polo boi
Gold Member

Post by polo boi »

well im no chav an ill be moddin it as euro an sutle as i can, im not the guy that likes the OTT look, lol
Biddle
Platinum Member

Post by Biddle »

LeMeph wrote: Mate used to have one, do 120 you know.
You sure mate? I saying im an expert or nothing but that seems a bit much, considering the polo gti top end is 127/8.
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

i know its madness isnt it. But seriously it does. The girl i know who owns it was racing a 16v fiesta. I dont know which one think it was the 125 zetec. She passed him when he topped out at 110 and my mate who was in her car said he watched the needle max at 120. So unless the speedo in both cars were out (which wouldnt suprise me off the ford, but the renault?) then yeh they do 120.

Its a slightly newer one then our boi heres. Its the face lift evrsion but i dar say the engines the same. Ill also add that at that time it had no mods unless you count window tints and a sun strip. Plus some playboy stickers. So unless theyre magic stickers... sweet christ that explains it :lol:
dragon_green
Gold Member

Post by dragon_green »

sorry, i don't think it's going to get near 120: http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/data.aspx?model=724
Dee-vub
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Dee-vub »

LeMeph wrote:i know its madness isnt it. But seriously it does. The girl i know who owns it was racing a 16v fiesta. I dont know which one think it was the 125 zetec. She passed him when he topped out at 110 and my mate who was in her car said he watched the needle max at 120. So unless the speedo in both cars were out (which wouldnt suprise me off the ford, but the renault?) then yeh they do 120.

Its a slightly newer one then our boi heres. Its the face lift evrsion but i dar say the engines the same. Ill also add that at that time it had no mods unless you count window tints and a sun strip. Plus some playboy stickers. So unless theyre magic stickers... sweet christ that explains it :lol:
Ever heard of something called speedo error???? :roll:

I can guarentee it wasnt anything like 120mph! prob nearer 105 or something, 110 at most!

Anyways back on topic, looks a tidy enough car polo boi......but personally i think it is very very ugly! The front end is hideous! Especially the front lights! I dont mind clio's at all.....just that model is an abortion of the clio life to me!

Sorry that sounds well harsh, but with a couple of tweeks hopefully you can sway me! :D
1litreheater
Silver Member

Post by 1litreheater »

I dont think its ugly at all, it can be "made" into a decent motor and it looks as if yours is going to right way.

I say lower it 60 stay with the wheels you got on it, very slight tints and a hidden ezhaust at the back and youve got a winner
LeMeph
Platinum Member

Post by LeMeph »

Hmmm well maybe they were wrong then. Or going downhill or somthing lol. Wouldnt ave suprised me. I was half asleep... Hmmm...

Well the only way to conclude is for our boi here to rag his way down a completely legal private road and find out right? Go forth and findeth the truth! lol.